JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I've started shopping safes and have done quite a bit of research. I have yet to find anyone who can answer this question. Why are gun safes all hinged on the right side. Has anyone found any that are hinged on the left? You'd think that they would be available either way.

If you have a massive amount of spare cash on hand...
Tactical Gun Safes - U.S. Made - Brown Safe Mfg.

I'm an analog safe guy - no digital key pads for me. Could be the rebel in me but I just don't trust them.

This is more my style:
Mosler Safe Company - Wikipedia

Mine is 8" of steel on all sides, bolts left, right, top, bottom, and inbetween doors. 4000# empty.

They just don't make em like they used too. (With a 5 number combo, it's not a quick access safe though :().

yeah, my buddies grandpa, a retired jeweler had one of those safes hidden in his shop. only one person knew the code other than his grandpa. once he died they had me and my friend move that safe out from behind and under a hundred years of junk. it took every bit of might we had to move that thing 25 feet.

i saw what was in it once they opened it.

:eek::eek::eek::eek:

NO WONDER the ol man kept it under piles of crap... as if the 5-8" thick walls wouldnt keep anyone out.

there was hundreds of thousands of dollars,jewelry, coins, gemstones, jewels, diamonds, gold, silver in there.

i never would have thunk it.

they gave me a pocket watch for helping. i believe it has atleast couple ounces of silver on it.:D

I'm an analog safe guy - no digital key pads for me. Could be the rebel in me but I just don't trust them.

This is more my style:
Mosler Safe Company - Wikipedia

Mine is 8" of steel on all sides, bolts left, right, top, bottom, and inbetween doors. 4000# empty.

They just don't make em like they used too. (With a 5 number combo, it's not a quick access safe though :().
I am with you there. I don't trust a safe that isn't good ol' fashioned mechanical. Less things to go wrong.

If the right were to be unhinged, your guns would not be safe.

Or maybe it hinges on the right to bear arms.

Mad musing from a quiet evening...:D
...and, generally speaking, the left is unhinged.

IMG_0354.JPG

IMG_0353.JPG

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA
Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR

New Resource Reviews