JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Not sure if this is the right place to post it, I apologize if not.

Just wanted to give everyone a heads up,
Three or so years ago I traded my scope with another member on here for their mk6.

Once I got home I was cleaning it and my buddy pointed out the cage code sticking out from under a scope cap. I wasn't familiar with what it was so I did some googling which led to a phone number I called and left a couple messages wondering what the back story was.

Anyways recently I took it back to leuplod because it was having issues and today they called me asking for info on where I got it and any proof of who I got it from. I asked if this was due to the warranty because I'm not the original owner or the cage code to which they replied " well let you know information when we're done looking into it"

Which makes me assume it's a stolen optic. I'm pretty frustrated and bummed because it's sadly my only hunting optic and I'm sure they're just going to keep it.

Moral of the story… be careful buying from people on here.

Not sure if this is the right place to post it, I apologize if not.

Just wanted to give everyone a heads up,
Three or so years ago I traded my scope with another member on here for their mk6.

Once I got home I was cleaning it and my buddy pointed out the cage code sticking out from under a scope cap. I wasn't familiar with what it was so I did some googling which led to a phone number I called and left a couple messages wondering what the back story was.

Anyways recently I took it back to leuplod because it was having issues and today they called me asking for info on where I got it and any proof of who I got it from. I asked if this was due to the warranty because I'm not the original owner or the cage code to which they replied " well let you know information when we're done looking into it"

Which makes me assume it's a stolen optic. I'm pretty frustrated and bummed because it's sadly my only hunting optic and I'm sure they're just going to keep it.

Moral of the story… be careful buying from people on here.
I think the manufacturer was just asking if you were/are the original purchaser and they are in the process now of clarifying their warranty policy in-house?
How did all this "stolen" wormhole even enter this process? Is it stolen? I might have missed that part.

Leupold occasionally has (or had) sales to their employees of various products for very low prices - mostly rifle scopes. My SIL used to work there and I got a couple scopes that way. I am pretty sure some employees buy those scopes and turn around and sell them for a profit, which they are probably not supposed to do.

I think the manufacturer was just asking if you were/are the original purchaser and they are in the process now of clarifying their warranty policy in-house?
How did all this "stolen" wormhole even enter this process? Is it stolen? I might have missed that part.
Because leupold said it wasn't about the warranty and wouldn't give me any info on the cage code. Wanted to know specifics of who I got it from and their contact info/ images of our conversation leading up to it

Leupold occasionally has (or had) sales to their employees of various products for very low prices - mostly rifle scopes. My SIL used to work there and I got a couple scopes that way. I am pretty sure some employees buy those scopes and turn around and sell them for a profit, which they are probably not supposed to do.
Yea I get that but I doubt their employees get cage codes

It might be counterfeit - even with a cage code and serial number. Leopold is very aggressive in regards to this issue, and they will follow through.
I didn't even think of that. Not that I know what to look for specifically on counterfeit scopes but it seems like a normal quality leupold. That would make since why I was having problems with it!

Upcoming Events

Rifle Mechanics
Sweet Home, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors May 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Handgun Self Defense Fundamentals
Sweet Home, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews