JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Could someone with the battery box to open the door from the outside test the output and let me know how much power is needed and to which part of the plug?
I have both sets of keys but the door won't open. Batteries are low and I can't get in.
Thanks,
Patrick

Could someone with the battery box to open the door from the outside test the output and let me know how much power is needed and to which part of the plug?
I have both sets of keys but the door won't open. Batteries are low and I can't get in.
Thanks,
Patrick
Your barrel key should open your safe, it's the over-ride for the electronic lock that you're saying isn't working - the barrel key/override key "physically" flips the lever that prevents the main key from turning.

Thanks,
Patrick
The plug is a 3.5 mm phone jack with the tip positive and the box has 4 AA batteries. I believe it will work if the power is greater than 4.8 VDC. I have 4 lithium rechargeable batteries in the box. The phone jack looks like this and you can get it on Amazon or many other electronics store:
1655143248631.png

You have a mechanical issue, not electronic. If you have the correct override key and it won't turn, the lock cam is probably jammed or snapped off. All a battery pack is going to do is trip the solenoid that your keypad would typically do….which is what the barrel key will do mechanically

You have a mechanical issue, not electronic. If you have the correct override key and it won't turn, the lock cam is probably jammed or snapped off. All a battery pack is going to do is trip the solenoid that your keypad would typically do….which is what the barrel key will do mechanically
I had to turn it back and forth a bunch. But it finally worked and I got it open. Replaced the batteries and it works fine now.

Question for you all, Especially Scott as I saw a prior post. I am looking for a Cylinder Lock that will work to replace the left hand side lock. I had to have mine drilled out and I have not been able to find a Lock long enough to work to move the locking slide bar. Any help or links would be greatly appreciated.

Question for you all, Especially Scott as I saw a prior post. I am looking for a Cylinder Lock that will work to replace the left hand side lock. I had to have mine drilled out and I have not been able to find a Lock long enough to work to move the locking slide bar. Any help or links would be greatly appreciated.
I understand the Medeco cam lock with a 2" body will work

I am new to your forum. I have a Patriot safe and the battery compartment went bad and fell apart. I have been searching around trying to find a new one. Yeah , right, Goodluck. I know. I have the owners manual if anybody would like me to scan it and email it. I also have the battery back-up plug in thing too but not sure if I want to part with that.

We have a Patriot safe that was in the house we purchased. It says the product is called Collector and it has the premium package. The paperwork we received with it is one two-sided page of instructions and an installation page for the handle. If there is more to the manual that you have, we would love to have you email us a copy of it. We're trying to figure out how the external power source works.
Thank you

Last Edited:
We have a Patriot safe that was in the house we purchased. It says the product is called Collector and it has the premium package. The paperwork we received with it is one two-sided page of instructions and an installation page for the handle. If there is more to the manual that you have, we would love to have you email us a copy of it. We're trying to figure out how the external power source works.
Thank you
The battery compartment on the inside door edge?

Upcoming Events

Rifle Mechanics
Sweet Home, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors May 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Handgun Self Defense Fundamentals
Sweet Home, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews