JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I'd take a savage 110 in .300 Winchester Magnum. You can down load a .300 to -06 specs but you can't load an -06 to match a .300 and savages are foolishly easy to repair and rebarrel along with good and accurate with many loads.

I like other cartridges more than .300WM but if I could only ever have one, that'd be it

IMG_3087.jpeg
My .54 caliber Hawken Rifle.
Hands down my favorite rifle.
The target shown is three shots touching in a rectangle the size of a playing card.
50 yards off hand.
I have taken:
Grouse
Coyote
Antelope
Deer
Elk
And bear with this rifle.
If I have a shot I need to make this is one of my rifles I would choose.
Andy

View attachment 1880397
The target shown is three shots touching in a rectangle the size of a playing card.
50 yards off hand.
I have taken:
Grouse
Coyote
Antelope
Deer
Elk
If i have a shot I need to make this is one of my rifles I would choose.
Andy
The Redcoats never knew what hit em :D

View attachment 1880397
50 yards off hand.
I have taken:
Grouse
Coyote
Antelope
Deer
Elk
If I have a shot I need to make this is one of my rifles I would choose.
Andy
Good shooting Andy! Nice rifle too.

If you had to choose one rifle and one cartridge for hunting for the rest of your life, what would it be?
My first thought was "any single shot" and a simple-to-reload cartridge with a portable reloading kit in case a second shot was needed. Can I get a new cartridge when this one eventually fails?

:)

Bruce

Steyr Scout. Or any lightweight bolt action, with a detachable magazine, with iron sights, and a lower powered scope. Like a 1.5-5 or 2-7 scope.
Light enough to pack around, and keep it quick pointing. 308 is enough to take down any predator or game animal around here. Surplus 7.62x51 or .308 ammo is plentiful.

Upcoming Events

Rifle Mechanics
Sweet Home, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors May 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Handgun Self Defense Fundamentals
Sweet Home, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top