JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Well, I went out yesterday and picked up my prize. I upgraded a bit to be able to shoot steel shot duck hunting with my son and his Labrador. The new member of the family is a beautiful Winchester SXP Field Grade! I didn't think the hand held model would work quite as well on the ducks and geese. ;)

Of course as my son pointed out; this was an expensive acquisition. I now have every pump action model of Winchester from the 1897 to the SXP with the exception of the 1200.... Guess what I need to start watching for? :eek:

SXP-Field-MID-512266-hr.jpg

Thanks again Joe; I will post some dead duck pictures next fall! :D

There's still the 1887... saw one in 10 guage at the gunshow yesterday... 97' and 12 trench guns, riots, super speed/super X heavy duck, smooth and ribbed barrels, cyl/full/mod choked barrels, 12, 16, and .410 variations too... and that's just some of the pre 64's

It will never end

There's still the 1887... saw one in 10 guage at the gunshow yesterday... 97' and 12 trench guns, riots, super speed/super X heavy duck, smooth and ribbed barrels, cyl/full/mod choked barrels, 12, 16, and .410 variations too... and that's just some of the pre 64's

It will never end

Oh... geeez.... thanks a bunch!

AAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHH :s0054::s0054::s0054::s0054::s0054:

Oh... geeez.... thanks a bunch!

AAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHH :s0054::s0054::s0054::s0054::s0054:
I'm always here to help:s0108:

I didn't even intend on being a Winchester shotgun collector until I tripped over a m12 heavy duck for $450 that I was about to defile, and cut down into a trench gun. Luckily before my heat shield arrived in the mail I found a beat up, but solid '97 that was a much better candidate for chopping... then another '97 that was going to be for parts, but is now a resto project... then a Model 12 factory Riot. This was all within the last few months.
In hind sight there are many different modern guns I woulda rather got into, but something about the pre 64' Browning designed Winchesters got into me first.

Yup... I hear ya... there is something about this gun business that gets under your skin. I too didn't plan on being a Winchester shotgun guy, but I inherited my granddad's 1897, stumbled across a M12, and then committed fully (or should be fully committed) by buying a M12 Black Diamond that was in immaculate condition....It was nowhere but downhill from there...

My wife is pretty sure I am completely nuts....

Upcoming Events

Rifle Mechanics
Sweet Home, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors May 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Handgun Self Defense Fundamentals
Sweet Home, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews