JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Haven't bought a gun in 20 years or so. It has now been 3 weeks to the day and I still have not been approved. When I ask the ffl all they can tell me is that it is pending.
Seems like something is amiss there. I usually get instants but recently had the misfortune of an entry error so I ended up in the dreaded queue. Was 2200th place and I was finally able to pick it up today after 6 days. It shouldn't be taking 3 weeks.

I had an instant every time prior to the m114 shenanigans, since that started a few years back or whenever I always had to wait. Last 5+ transfers were all waits.
Went in to start the paperwork today completely expecting to wait but was pleasantly surprised to get an instant!
This FFL ran my CHL for the instant , the last FFL said CHLs aren't helping anymore and put you at the end of the list.
Seems like no one really knows whats going on!
Just a a dart board approval process.

I had an instant every time prior to the m114 shenanigans, since that started a few years back or whenever I always had to wait. Last 5+ transfers were all waits.
Went in to start the paperwork today completely expecting to wait but was pleasantly surprised to get an instant!
This FFL ran my CHL for the instant , the last FFL said CHLs aren't helping anymore and put you at the end of the list.
My CHL doesn't mean squat anymore. At least since the 114 crap started.

FICS used to have a CHL line and a non cool kids club line. The CHL line was always in front of the not as cool kids. So during the pandemic and rush on guns, the CHL would grow, and the non cool kids would go backwards in numbers. They stopped doing that, and I thought they went back to it, but I don't know. I've only gotten instants in my last few purchases.

Welcome to the coach section. Must've been nice in first class.
It is pretty nice. I've had a couple dozen or more instants in a row since the covid panic and beyond. It's especially nice when I get to walk out the door with my new gun, right in front of the guy who was just told he's 42,890 in line :s0140:

My luck will run out eventually but today is not that day

Upcoming Events

Rifle Mechanics
Sweet Home, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors May 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Handgun Self Defense Fundamentals
Sweet Home, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads