JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
It started off with a simple question and kinda got ugly what can I say like I said it was a bad night I apologise to everyone who reads this thread that's about all I can do is say sorry

I have a hard time biting the bullet for a suppressor, even more for other NFA/AOW items......however, do I think it will get ANY better/easier/cheaper if the HPA doesnt pass?.....nope. Like someone said earlier what happens if they use inflation rated stamps....Ouch.....I mean really it's just a tube with washers.....give everyone a break and pass the HPA.

I have a hard time biting the bullet for a suppressor, even more for other NFA/AOW items......however, do I think it will get ANY better/easier/cheaper if the HPA doesnt pass?.....nope. Like someone said earlier what happens if they use inflation rated stamps....Ouch.....I mean really it's just a tube with washers.....give everyone a break and pass the HPA.
You can legally make and use them without regulation here in Idaho.

It started off with a simple question and kinda got ugly what can I say like I said it was a bad night I apologise to everyone who reads this thread that's about all I can do is say sorry
No worries. Have 3 licensees myself and was nervous the direction Oregon is taking so off to Utah I went. Very weird here walking into gun stores and having more women than men buying guns unassisted. The hunting blogs are also full of women hunters. Definitely a different environment than I was used to. Good luck with everything there in Washington.

Are you saying that you can make a firearm suppressor and not submit a form 1 to the ATF?
Yes......it was in a law passed by the legislature a couple of years ago. When I went to get my buddy the Sheriff to sign my paperwork, he said "why.....they are legal anyway...." but the retailers won't sell them to anyone without a stamp......he told me to just put a 2 Lttr pop bottle over the muzzle, works fine for a few shots. This is Idaho......we have no permits or anything required to carry open or conciled either.

Last Edited:
No worries. Have 3 licensees myself and was nervous the direction Oregon is taking so off to Utah I went. Very weird here walking into gun stores and having more women than men buying guns unassisted. The hunting blogs are also full of women hunters. Definitely a different environment than I was used to. Good luck with everything there in Washington.
Actually there was a news story on Q13 here in Washington the other day about that there are more and more women buying guns here in Washington my neice is one she has contacted me about shooting and training classes I told her there is a lot more than buying a gun if she takes some training classes I WILL BUY HER A GUN LOL I mean I will pay for her gun 594 I can't buy my neice a gun F@#$&+-_ librals

Finally got my Stamps!!!! Only 11 months, 4 days, What a messed up system, I already have 4 stamps, why the long wait, the form just sits in an in box on some functionaries desk awaiting the stamp and the check to be cashed! I guess this is what we pay for, a grossly ineffective gov. agency in charge of crap they have no business being in charge of! Now i'm going to celebrate and thread my Can on my rifle and go Choot it! Cause a warm suppressor is a wonderful thing, eben better on a SBR

Yes......it was in a law passed by the legislature a couple of years ago. When I went to get my buddy the Sheriff to sighn my paperwork, he said "why.....they are legal anyway...." but the retailers won't sell them to anyone without a stamp......he told me to just put a 2 Lttr pop bottle over the muzzle, works fine for a few shots.
SOLVENT TRAP look it up on YouTube

SOLVENT TRAP look it up on YouTube
We raised out speed limits to 80 on the highway and from 55 to 65 on most rural rural roads the last couple of years too. Just don't get caught speeding in a small town.....I passed an Idaho state patrolman on the side of the road going to Spokane Sunday doing 80 in a 65 with my wife's Mercedes.......was shure I was busted. Never even flashed his lights like they sometimes do.

You do know you can submit a Form for building your own Suppressor????
I did that two years ago, it's pretty much the same thing as Buying one, have to wait for the stamp approval before you can build ( or final assembly) and it must be engraved with a S.N. of your choosing that is on the Form. The reason I went this way was to save money, $500 for one year, as many S.N. as you want to put on the form! This is still legal to do, and if your going to want more then two units, it saves you money, and the hassles of having to deal with an approved shop!

You do know you can submit a Form for building your own Suppressor????
I did that two years ago, it's pretty much the same thing as Buying one, have to wait for the stamp approval before you can build ( or final assembly) and it must be engraved with a S.N. of your choosing that is on the Form. The reason I went this way was to save money, $500 for one year, as many S.N. as you want to put on the form! This is still legal to do, and if your going to want more then two units, it saves you money, and the hassles of having to deal with an approved shop!
That's also on YouTube a guy with his stamp in hand goes into his machine shop and makes one

That's also on YouTube a guy with his stamp in hand goes into his machine shop and makes one

That's exactly what I did! Didn't want to pay stupid high prices on mediocre products, decided to figure out the machine work complexities, and do it my self! Much better design, much better sound attenuation, and cost about $40 in materials! Win-Win!:)

Yes......it was in a law passed by the legislature a couple of years ago. When I went to get my buddy the Sheriff to sign my paperwork, he said "why.....they are legal anyway...." but the retailers won't sell them to anyone without a stamp......he told me to just put a 2 Lttr pop bottle over the muzzle, works fine for a few shots. This is Idaho......we have no permits or anything required to carry either open or conciled either.

It's still illegal under the federal law of 1935 to manufacture a suppressor without a legal tax stamp in hand, no matter what your sheriff tells you.

It's still illegal under the federal law of 1935 to manufacture a suppressor without a legal tax stamp in hand, no matter what your sheriff tells you.
Yes off course. It is the same as the Marijuana issue in your state........but Jeff Sessions isn't going after illegal silencers.

Yes off course. It is the same as the Marijuana issue in your state........but Jeff Sessions isn't going after illegal silencers.
Lol your sheriff could always file a lawsuit that's what they do in Washington just file lawsuit's for ever and ever and ever till they get there way jumping up and down crying screaming just like little kids SOMEBODY NEEDS TO TAKE A BELT TO THERE A$$

Upcoming Events

Rifle Mechanics
Sweet Home, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors May 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Handgun Self Defense Fundamentals
Sweet Home, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews