JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.

would you pay a day use fee at Memaloose

• $1

Votes: 4 9.3%
  • $2

Votes: 4 9.3%
  • $3

Votes: 26 60.5%
  • I wouldn't pay anything

Votes: 9 20.9%

• Total voters
Reactions
Just a quick question.

how many of you would be willing to pay $1 or more up to $3 to use the Memaloose area if a couple NRA standard ranges were to be installed? Fees would go towards the maintenance and clean up of the area. Plus keep all the crackheads / tweekers / dumpers out.

i would pay 5 dollars for sure maybe more. Thats a great idea you've got man, where is the memaloose area? east on i-90? anyway if your serious about it you sure would make a lot of people happy. let us know what happens with it or if you need anything.

sounds like a good idea. I dont shoot there alot but I might more often. What would happen durring the winter months thougth. there is often too much snow to get up there safely but people still go and trash the place

i don't think anyone should have to pay. in fact we are putting forth several proposals, only one is a day use fee.

we are working to not have any fees but to keep the area open. there will have to be some changes made to the ranges to make them "safe" that will cost money. Money the forest service doesn't have. we are investigating different options. this is just one of them. but public opinion matters. what is the point of opening the area back up if you have to charge and no one will use it.

unfortunately the area has been abused to the point of closure, we are working hard to keep it open. Our model works for keeping the area clean. but if it isn't re-opened people will just go somewhere else and destroy more trees / forest land.

I would be willing to pay 3 bucks myself, 5 bucks for a carload.

I am not an enviromentalist by any stretch. But this summer I have had occasion to travel extensively near Memaloose, the Mt. Hood Nat'l Forest, and the Table Rock wilderness area near Molalla. The damage that dirtbags are doing, by shooting and other means, makes me angry.

I can understand not being able to afford or justify a 700 dollar a year gun club membership, but travelling out to the woods in order to shoot clays, propane bottles, glass beer bottles, spray paint cans, TVs and other junk and then leave your brass or your 200 plastic shotshells laying around is not a good way to represent shooting sports to other people. Also, I have seen a majority of shooters out in these areas shooting safely, but have also run across more than just a few idiots endangering others with the stuff they pull. Frankly, even if there isn't something in the works for the Memaloose shooting areas, I support the USFS closing it down. I would also support the BLM closing the entire Molalla corridor because of the stuff I've mentioned above.

I would pay nothing, If i wanted to pay something I would go to douglass ridge or johnson creek gun club. The first 6.8 miles are fairly unsafe as is and dumbass's shoudl not shoot there, keep the quarries free and keep the first 6.8miles closed im fine with that. Its sad to see so many of you willing to pay for something that SHOULD be free, why would you just roll over and let them do this to us? Its not fair or justified, try fighting for something.

I would pay nothing, If i wanted to pay something I would go to douglass ridge or johnson creek gun club. The first 6.8 miles are fairly unsafe as is and dumbass's shoudl not shoot there, keep the quarries free and keep the first 6.8miles closed im fine with that. Its sad to see so many of you willing to pay for something that SHOULD be free, why would you just roll over and let them do this to us? Its not fair or justified, try fighting for something.

That was my first reaction, and still is, sort of. But I would be willing to pay, or be part of, a private group that puts the money toward keeping the place somewhat cleaned up and open, hopefully keep the law from giving us these constant threats of closure.
I'm not in favor of paying ANY government org a freakn dime for anything. Just in case there was any confusion.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA
Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top