JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Not I. But Obammy isn't going to ban gunz anyway... I think he's got about as good a chance of getting reelected as Ron Paul has of winning, after that suicide statement. He very obviously doesn't want to be president anymore.

SIGH... What a joke our system has become.

im going! going to look for a ar15 receiver. as for the comment on the ban itll never succesfully happen. the small arms ban was already shot down in the U.N. and the hi cap magezine ban was shot down in the U S.
to ban assault weapons or all gones would be impossible as those getting shot down has shown not only that. but it would be political suicide. not only are there millions are law abiding gun owners in the us but to ban any of the guns would have a negative effective on the economy.
the government would not only lose out on taxes from the sales of firearms, ammo, and related accessories. but they would lose out on the taxes from the manufacturers and their employees. as if a ban happened it would affect 10s of thousands of people from the employees of the manufacturers to those that hunt to help feed their family.
in all honesty i think that the assault weapon ban comment is just a bluff to spike the sales of guns and ammo again.

i'm going... looking for a few things in particular, which means i won't find them and will leave with other things instead.

don't like this show near as much as Canby, but i always seem to miss that one.

I'm new to firearms and have never been to one of these gun shows. Would there be any resources for people who want to learn and train or is it strictly firearm and related hardware sales?

Well, there might be 1 or 2 training service providers there, but primarily it is a hardware and ammo show. It's good to see and handle a lot of different weapons, but I would advise shooting some first before dropping a load of $ on firearm. What you end up buying will depend a lot on what function you plan to use it for.

I have no experience with either of the training companies that are supporting vendors here on NWFA, but their reviews are pretty positive. <broken link removed> and <broken link removed>

Also, depending on your location Public Safety Training Center might offer a class or two to get you started.

Well, there might be 1 or 2 training service providers there, but primarily it is a hardware and ammo show. It's good to see and handle a lot of different weapons, but I would advise shooting some first before dropping a load of $ on firearm. What you end up buying will depend a lot on what function you plan to use it for.

I have no experience with either of the training companies that are supporting vendors here on NWFA, but their reviews are pretty positive. <broken link removed> and <broken link removed>

Also, depending on your location Public Safety Training Center might offer a class or two to get you started.

Thanks for your input. I recently moved to Portland and want to explore private firearm ownership. I am not ready to buy anything yet, just really looking for resources on first educating myself, deciding what purpuse the firearm will fulfill (thinking self and home defense) and then will think about which make/model is right for me as well as getting trained to properly handle and shoot it.

I'm heading out there today - anyone have a good price on a G3 or G4 Glock 19? :)

P.S. I took the Basic Pistol class at the Public Safety Range - excellent instruction.

Thanks for your input. I recently moved to Portland and want to explore private firearm ownership. I am not ready to buy anything yet, just really looking for resources on first educating myself, deciding what purpuse the firearm will fulfill (thinking self and home defense) and then will think about which make/model is right for me as well as getting trained to properly handle and shoot it.

Anyone notice if they have any of the XDs pistols? Specifically a two tone?

there were a couple vendors with 2 tone XDs... and at least a few all black. prices ranged from $499 (all black) to i want to say $539... maybe a bit more.
wait... don't hold me to those prices. could have been more like $589 for the bi tone. looked at too many things to remember. i do know there were some there, though... but the prices i remembered might be more along the lines of what i'd tell my wife they cost, not what i actually paid :)

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA
Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top