JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
So with all the crazies in Portland, I want to keep my inexpensive Taurus g3c in the car all times. I have a rav4 and not sure how to safely do that, and not even sure if that is legal? I have a small fingerprint activated safe with a cable that I was going to put under my seat? Thoughts? How do you keep your gun in the car and what are the laws abotu it (esp. in Oregon/Multnomah Co), The safe is this one:

So with all the crazies in Portland, I want to keep my inexpensive Taurus g3c in the car all times. I have a rav4 and not sure how to safely do that, and not even sure if that is legal? I have a small fingerprint activated safe with a cable that I was going to put under my seat? Thoughts? How do you keep your gun in the car and what are the laws abotu it (esp. in Oregon/Multnomah Co), The safe is this one:

Dont know the specific laws in OR for it but your car is not a holster. Keep it on body. The number 1 place for a gun to be stolen from is vehicles. Most of the quick access car safes can be popped with a screw driver

1000012850.jpg

Why?

Isn't that the point of everyday carry? To carry your gun on your person….

The only reason I see buying a vehicle safe is if you have to leave a firearm in your vehicle for a SHORT period of time. Or if you aren't allowed to carry at work but you to carry to and from.

To keep a firearm in your vehicle 24/7 just cause is not smart IMO. It's not like you can get to it fast if you need it. So defense isn't a valid argument…..

I use my car safe to house my registration and insurance cards. On occasion, not very often, I'll throw a cheap gun in there for trips to the airport.

ui_clubholster.jpg

Sorry. One of those things that come to mind and slip out before you shut your mouth.

Personally, I wouldn't leave anything in my car. Not phone charging cable, not an empty cup, nor a half smoked cigarette.

Just don't post about it on the internet.

Too late.

What color Rav 4 we talk ing about here?

Auto thieves have torches. What safe?

Upcoming Events

Rifle Mechanics
Sweet Home, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors May 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Handgun Self Defense Fundamentals
Sweet Home, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR