JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Does this answer your question?
This is a message I sent to the Washington State Bar Association (jennifero@wsbaorg, [email protected], [email protected])
-----------------
Jennifer,

Can you explain how it is that someone who is a member of the Washington State Bar was nominated by Senator Murray for a position as Federal Judge, and then revealed to be totally incompetent on national TV?

https://nypost.com/2023/01/26/biden-judicial-nominee-stumped-by-questions-about-the-constitution/

https://www.mywsba.org/PersonifyEbusiness/LegalDirectory/LegalProfile.aspx?Usr_ID=000000030917

I think we all know the answer to how this happened. Unfortunately, this demonstrates that the being certified by the Washington State Bar only means that the person passed the "diversity" tests.

WBA's organizational self-awareness is so corrupted that it doesn't even realize that it has hit rock bottom in terms of professionalism. I don't think anyone at WBA is even embarrassed!

This is a message I sent to the Washington State Bar Association (jennifero@wsbaorg, [email protected], [email protected])
-----------------
Jennifer,

Can you explain how it is that someone who is a member of the Washington State Bar was nominated by Senator Murray for a position as Federal Judge, and then revealed to be totally incompetent on national TV?

https://nypost.com/2023/01/26/biden-judicial-nominee-stumped-by-questions-about-the-constitution/

https://www.mywsba.org/PersonifyEbusiness/LegalDirectory/LegalProfile.aspx?Usr_ID=000000030917

I think we all know the answer to how this happened. Unfortunately, this demonstrates that the being certified by the Washington State Bar only means that the person passed the "diversity" tests.

WBA's organizational self-awareness is so corrupted that it doesn't even realize that it has hit rock bottom in terms of professionalism. I don't think anyone at WBA is even embarrassed!
I read a study once that said that the majority of people who pass law school have never actually read the Constitution in its entirety. That appears to be true.

It seems to me that any "part" used to assemble a SA rifle will be considered an assault rifle in and of itself? Is that accurate? So assuming it passes, after the effective date, BCGs, triggers, spare parts, replacement barrels won't be shipped to WA?

View attachment 1356176
Is there a rule that says you can't have a specific thread with a specific question separate from another specific thread with a different specific question about the same bill?

If so, maybe change the title of this thread to master HB1240 thread?

Here's another question. If HB 1240 is signed will you still be able to transfer NFA items into your trust? What happens to NFA stamps that are in process before the bill is signed?

Last Edited:
It seems to me that any "part" used to assemble a SA rifle will be considered an assault rifle in and of itself? Is that accurate? So assuming it passes, after the effective date, BCGs, triggers, spare parts, replacement barrels won't be shipped to WA?

View attachment 1356176
According to the writing yes, but anyone who owns these guns already are grandfathered in and companies like Areo Precision will continue to operate with the ability to ship and sell out of state...... But I'm hopeful that is not true so i can purchase replacement parts and just lower receivers are blocked.....

Here's another question. If HB 1240 is signed will you still be able to transfer NFA items into your trust? What happens to NFA stamps that are in process before the bill is signed?
Anything in process will be denied, form 1 or existing form 4. It will have to be in your hand when the governor lifts the pen from the paper.

Anything in process will be denied, form 1 or existing form 4. It will have to be in your hand when the governor lifts the pen from the paper.
So how will that effect the owners of braced pistols under the new ATF rules that will post to the register tomorrow? Will a person still be able to apply for an NFA tax stamp?

What about transferring ownership of said item into your personal trust?

So how will that effect the owners of braced pistols under the new ATF rules that will post to the register tomorrow? Will a person still be able to apply for an NFA tax stamp?

Sounds like we Washingtonians are screwed. No way you'll get a form1 back before Inslee signs it into law.

If a Form 1 can't be done on a braced firearm that you already own after the AWB is signed then the only legal recourse I see for us is to keep it as a pistol without the brace.
That would work, especially if using a sling instead of a brace Fe. And the hope would be that there will be an injunction and eventually a court order against this bs brace rule.

Only other thing I could see would be if the sbr made from pistol technically is considered not acquiring a new gun (in the eyes of wa state I mean). As I understand it you can use the same serial number and manufacturer markings (no engraving required) under the brace rule. So in the eyes of WA state is it technically the same gun (Ie grandfathered)? But probably atf may just stop all WA applications if awb in wa is signed into law. So even if it is technically ok in the eyes of wa state, atf may deny it.

If the bill passes and is signed into law with immediate effect, many dealers will be stuck. Yes, they are allowed to keep and sell them - only to military and police. When you go into Wade's Guns in Bellevue, they have a cabinet full of Aero Precision lowers. What is the police market for these? Not to mention a wall full of black rifles on the list. I'm wondering if some of the dealers loaded up on this stuff, expecting to have time to dump it before a certain effective date. Maybe some didn't read the part about immediate effect. Well, the law hasn't passed yet, and with luck the immediate effect part has a chance of being negotiated away. Maybe.

A braced pistol will already be considered an AW if it has enough evil features (which they pretty much all do). For example, if it accepts a detachable magazine and has a threaded barrel .

A braced pistol will already be considered an AW if it has enough evil features (which they pretty much all do). For example, if it accepts a detachable magazine and has a threaded barrel .
I fully understand that. I'm trying to figure out how the AWB will effect Form 1's (new ATF rule) and transfers into a personal trust of currently owned weapons which will be grandfathered in.

I can't see how it would, considering you aren't creating a new AW.
I think the answer is most likely this:

Hopefully it gets negotiated out, but reality is they're probably just gonna cram it through with no lube. Hopefully SCOTUS returns the favor on appeal.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA
Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top