JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Want to give LPVO's a shot, so I just ordered a Monstrum Banshee 1-6x24 on Amazon with the BDC-B1 reticle. I chose that one due to it's high praise from reviews, the price is right, and easy return on Amazon if I don't like it or LPVO in general.

I did a pretty close scale mock-up of what it should look like on the rifle.

View attachment 1807943
Nope. LPVO's in general aren't for me. Especially on a somewhat lightweight AR carbine. Way too F***ing heavy and annoying to manipulate. Sure with more "TrAiNiNg" I could get around it, but why bother. Maybe it was THAT particular LPVO, but looks like other more expensive brand names are around the same weight and dimensions, so no thanks, I'll pass on this particular rifle. Maybe for a DMR build in the future, but not for this rifle.

Probably get an Eotech or Aimpoint or something. I must return to the planning room to well plan I guess. HAHA

I did buy more .40, .223 and 5.56 ammo today though.

Last Edited:
Bought a Hawken brass trigger guard, on E-Bay, for the muzzel loading rifle I'm building.
$30.00 and free shipping. Too good to pass up after shopping around. ;)

Now I need a short piece of 1" steel bar stock to make a .34 dia. sizer for the 9mm barrel I'm using. I have a piece of brass, but I hate to cut it up. :(

Bought a Hawken brass trigger guard, on E-Bay, for the muzzel loading rifle I'm building.
$30.00 and free shipping. Too good to pass up after shopping around. ;)

Now I need a short piece of 1" steel bar stock to make a .34 dia. sizer for the 9mm barrel I'm using. I have a piece of brass, but I hate to cut it up. :(
Check out McMaster Carr for the steel bar stock you need. I find their prices to be reasonable when I only need a small piece of material and it saves the time and gas of running around town.

Got a Primary Arms 3x microprism today for cheap from a local feller. This thing is amazing. The size and weight compared to the ACOG's I ran in the Marines is INSANE. I'm digging this "ACSS Raptor" reticle.

First impressions are outstanding. Need to go to the range this weekend and see what's what.

20240131_211958.jpg

Bought a used Eotech 512. Manufactured 2021. I highly prefer the Eotech since I've used that more than anything in the past next to the ACOG as far as optics go. I also like it since the reticle is just larger version of the the circle-dot reticle on my Holosun EPS MRS I have on my Glock. Not to mention it's a long proven system, beefy and takes AA's which I have a ton of.

If i end up not liking one or the other, or either of them, then I'll have them priced to sell on here to ya'll.

Bought a used Eotech 512. Manufactured 2021. I highly prefer the Eotech since I've used that more than anything in the past next to the ACOG as far as optics go. I also like it since the reticle is just larger version of the the circle-dot reticle on my Holosun EPS MRS I have on my Glock. Not to mention it's a long proven system, beefy and takes AA's which I have a ton of.

If i end up not liking one or the other, or either of them, then I'll have them priced to sell on here to ya'll.
I got burned on EOTech, their sights drifted with larger temp swings and they did not disclose the issue to anyone, even their military contracts. They were forced to do a massive recall a few years back and I sent mine in for a refund after I finally found out why I had to re-zero the stupid thing every 6 mo or so. I have not gone back despite preferring their optics technology to other offerings.

I got burned on EOTech, their sights drifted with larger temp swings and they did not disclose the issue to anyone, even their military contracts. They were forced to do a massive recall a few years back and I sent mine in for a refund after I finally found out why I had to re-zero the stupid thing every 6 mo or so. I have not gone back despite preferring their optics technology to other offerings.
I get that whole situation. I'm sure in 2021 the "thermal drift" issue wasn't an issue. Unless I see some negative effects personally, I won't stop buying and using their stuff.

Bought 500 rounds of Winchester USA 230 grain RN .45 ACP before they became too expensive. It was still about 10 cents more a round than last year. Free shipping.

Three weeks ago purchased 4 PPU .357 HP's 50 round boxes, 1 box of Federal .32 H&R
Magnum 20 round and 2 boxes of PPU 185 grain .45 HP's 50 round. Free shipping.

Shipping costs seem to have gone up too, so I look for free or set shipping.

I should have bought more .45's at that time, but I just recently bought a Colt Stainless Custom 1991 (series 80) "Operation New Dawn" (Afghanistan) and figured that I needed some more .45 ammo.

Finally got a Wheeler torque driver for installing optics properly.

Went shooting yesterday to sight in the new Primary Arms 3x microprism on my AR, and when shooting my Glock one of the screws holding the Holosun EPS down just broke off. The other screw was fine and it was still holding a nice zero at 50 yards, but still annoying. Must've over-torqued. Easy to do with how small the screws are. So figured I'd buying some tools. I've since removed the Holosun until I can get that installed properly. It's my EDC so I need it in service at all times.

Also wasted too much ammo yesterday when sighting in the microprism. Apparently I'm a d*mb a$$ and installed the base backwards, so the rifle was shooting way far left and up and not even hitting the target at 50 yards no matter how much I adjusted the turrets. I put in the laser boresight after I got back to the house after installing the base correctly and adjusted the scope. Should be on target now. Going to the range again once I get the Eotech 512 installed tomorrow.

Also got A Glock35 Barrel for the Glock22. Shoots like a dream!

Barrel from SpectreSupply on Ebay.

I had the custom engraving done by CustomARDustcover.com
G35BarrelforG22_engravingcloseup.png G35BarrelforG22.png
Took it out yesterday and no issues so far. Tighter groups at 25-50 yards. Going to get it TiN coated now to match the factory barrel I had coated in 2022 by BrazenFirearms.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA
Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top