JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
In all honesty with how far ammo/ballistics have come I'd definitely stick with 9mm. More capacity, easy follow up shots, same results if bullets are placed correctly and training is done.

I use to be a big .40 guy. In fact my first few carry guns were chambered in .40. I just think it's time has come and gone. I'd carry a 10mm before a .40 at this point. But over those two I'd still choose 9mm.
What do you think of 10 or 45 vs 9 in a PCC? Same, or less concern over greater recoil?

In all honesty with how far ammo/ballistics have come I'd definitely stick with 9mm. More capacity, easy follow up shots, same results if bullets are placed correctly and training is done.

I used to be a big .40 guy. In fact my first few carry guns were chambered in .40. I just think it's time has come and gone. I'd carry a 10mm before a .40 at this point. But over those two I'd still choose 9mm.
For you it's come and gone but I own an ammo company and can say beyond a doubt 40 is still very popular. I'll give you that I sell more 9mm than everything else but 40 S&W, 45 acp, 380 acp and 38 Special are the next most popular. I would say the market for 9 is flatting out due to the flooding of the market with cheap bulk non US made ammo but the market for the other 4 calibers (and others) is growing.

For you it's come and gone but I own an ammo company and can say beyond a doubt 40 is still very popular. I'll give you that I sell more 9mm than everything else but 40 S&W, 45 acp, 380 acp and 38 Special are the next most popular. I would say the market for 9 is flatting out due to the flooding of the market with cheap bulk non US made ammo but the market for the other 4 calibers (and others) is growing.
Not saying people don't shoot or prefer .40. I was simply saying it doesn't have the standing/hype that it used to.

I can only talk to what I have seen personally which I'm sure is on a much smaller scale than what you see. During all the panic with BLM, Covid bs, 114, election cycles, ect when all the ammo shelves were empty there would always be a decent amount of .40cal sitting all alone while 9mm and .45 were nowhere to be found.

Maybe I should start using .40 haha.

Last Edited:
Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads