JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I have read that Glock changed the barrel lugs on Gen 5 full size (G17, G34, etc) to match up with earlier Gen compact and sub compact barrel lugs. I do not have access to a Gen 5 barrel to confirm this. Has anybody tried installing a full size Gen 5 barrel in a Gen 3 G19 or G26 slide for example?

1672152301688.png

1672152654216.png

Last Edited:
I was unable to find a definitive answer as to whether a Gen 5 G17 barrel will fit and run in a Gen 3 or 4 G19 slide/frame combo. I am taking a gamble that it will and sent payment for a used but unfired G17 Gen 5 barrel. I have two different aftermarket G19 compatible slides to try it in. If it fits and runs in those slides, I will try running it in Gen 4 G23 slide.

The seller sent pics of the Gen 5 G17 barrel next to a Gen 5 G19 barrel and the lugs appeared to match up.

If this barrel works out I will probably order this Gen 5 aftermarket threaded barrel as well.

I'm going to try firing some live rounds with a gen 5 G17 barrel in a Gen 3 slide assy this weekend. If that goes well, I may also try the gen 5 G17 barrel in a gen 4 G23 slide assy.

I'm going to try firing some live rounds with a gen 5 G17 barrel in a Gen 3 slide assy this weekend. If that goes well, I may also try the gen 5 G17 barrel in a gen 4 G23 slide assy.
This is good to know. Been toying with the idea of trying to do a stupidly long slide on a 19 frame ala Nintendo blaster style.

This is good to know. Been toying with the idea of trying to do a stupidly long slide on a 19 frame ala Nintendo blaster style.
I've heard conflicting things on this. I wanted to run a 19 slide with a comp on a 17 or 34 frame. Even with all Gen 5 parts I have read that things have to be machined/filed to make it work.

I may be wrong though as I don't have a Gen 5 17 or 34 laying around to try. I have seen mock ups and ones that others have tinkered with to make work.

Barrels may fit but I'm not sure about slides locking up correctly.

IMG_2484.jpeg

Last Edited:
The Gen 5 G17 barrel fires just fine in Gen 3 slide. I had the slide mounted on a Gen 4 G23 frame and it still functioned fine.

I just fired off two mags of 9mm with Gen 5 G17 barrel mounted in Gen 4 G23 slide and G23 frame (40cal ejector). Ejection was weak but all rounds fired I had one stove pipe in each mag. The cases were flying straight up and dropping at my feet. Accuracy was minute of man at 7ish yards.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA
Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top