JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Hear me out… if you had the choice of a Gen3 or Gen4 Glock at the same price point, which one are you choosing and why? Currently tempted to pick up a LE trade-in G22 (I know, .40 boohoo 🖕😂)

Thanks in advance everyone
I would get the Gen 4. You can run the Gen 3 slides on a Gen 4 frame but good luck running a Gen 4 slide on a Gen 3 frame.

I am going to try running a Gen 4 slide on a Poly80 frame. There appears to be enough strength in the dust cover area to allow carving out some material to fit Gen 4 slide.

I usually try to get my pistols in 40cal, that way I can run 9mm or 357sig barrels in the 40 slide.

Gen 4 every time. Bigger mag release that I can switch to the correct side, less slippery grip texture and back straps if that's your thing. In fact, I'd probably take a Gen 4 over a Gen 5 because I actually like the finger grooves.

Hear me out… if you had the choice of a Gen3 or Gen4 Glock at the same price point, which one are you choosing and why?
If you want to modify the gun with a bunch of aftermarket "upgrades" then get the Gen3. Otherwise always get the most current version.

Wait a minute, there's actually differences between them? I thought they just assigned a new number to the gen and wait for the lemmings. All this time I've been wrong.

@Stomper

200.gif

200.gif

Absolutely nothing wrong with a .40.

The only real practical difference is the backstrap options with Gen4 and a dual recoil spring.

If the gen3 fits your hand as is... or your fine with a third party grip wrap... that's a pretty good deal. Especially considering the plethora of gen3 aftermarket and parts on the cheap.

The recoil spring is kinda... Mehhhh. It's not enough of a difference to make it a deal breaker between the 3 and 4 in a G22, IMHO.

Condition is everything though. Saving 25% off the purchase price isn't such a great deal if the barrel is half blown.

Last Edited:
Aim surplus has the g3 for like $280.
That's where I'm ordering from
Absolutely nothing wrong with a .40.

The only real practical difference is the backstrap options with Gen4 and a dual recoil spring.

If the gen3 fits your hand as is... or your fine with a third party grip wrap... that's a pretty good deal. Especially considering the plethora of gen3 aftermarket and parts on the cheap.

The recoil spring is kinda... Mehhhh. It's not enough of a difference to make it a deal breaker between the 3 and 4 in a G22, IMHO.

Condition is everything though. Saving 25% off the purchase price isn't such a great deal if the barrel is half blown.
That's where my thought process is. Gen 3 parts are a lot easier to source than gen 4.

Upcoming Events

Rifle Mechanics
Sweet Home, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors May 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Handgun Self Defense Fundamentals
Sweet Home, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews