JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I have an 11 year old who loves shooting. He's not super careful so plastic is his friend. He found a comic themed AR and wants to do something similar. The donor rifle is a S&W sport ll with a Sig Romeo red dot. Thinking about changing the upper to something a little cooler, different hand guard etc. Even considered different caliber, maybe 9mm. This isn't a Belgium made Browning or 100 year old Winchester, so I'm totally out of my wheelhouse. A little help here for ideas? Budget is 1K or under. Apparently only real requirement is that it's Deadpool and the magazine looks like it's loaded with burritos???

EFEF0803-3B02-4BFB-8A62-269F036FBD89.jpeg B3AE3CA6-40FE-45DD-A5C9-A1C72C10869D.jpeg

Cerakote? Johnson Customs is Eugene has done some nice work for me in the past, and I know they've done some complicated pattern stuff. Havent used them in a year or two, but can't see that their quality has gone down.

He's very safe and accomplished as a shooter. Having a fun personalized gun has nothing to do with safety. His 5 shot grouping from his BLR is 284 Win. Better than many adults.

D47D2F00-7C57-425C-9543-C9E59E43FD4B.jpeg

You could get a Colt 6940, or whatever the designation is, and cerakote that design. Would put you right around 1k.
I'm a fan of Ruger, and you would probably save a couple hundred bucks.

However, I don't think deadpool is an appropriate comic hero for an 11yo, especially on a gun. If you want to hear my morally conservative opinion.

You could get a Colt 6940, or whatever the designation is, and cerakote that design. Would put you right around 1k.
I'm a fan of Ruger, and you would probably save a couple hundred bucks.

However, I don't think deadpool is an appropriate comic hero for an 11yo, especially on a gun. If you want to hear my morally conservative opinion.

This world has enough soy boys. An 11 year old shooter who likes deadpool? That's a future president right there!

I have an 11 year old who loves shooting. He's not super careful so plastic is his friend. He found a comic themed AR and wants to do something similar. The donor rifle is a S&W sport ll with a Sig Romeo red dot. Thinking about changing the upper to something a little cooler, different hand guard etc. Even considered different caliber, maybe 9mm. This isn't a Belgium made Browning or 100 year old Winchester, so I'm totally out of my wheelhouse. A little help here for ideas? Budget is 1K or under. Apparently only real requirement is that it's Deadpool and the magazine looks like it's loaded with burritos??? Unless you can do it yourself from the research I've done, most of these custom jobs are easily $1000 +.

View attachment 544619 View attachment 544620

88985017-A829-4520-AA69-6B9EEA2FCAC6.png Keep the M&p sport as that is a solid base rifle for your son. Get a Midwest industries free float rail or the Aero precision Atlas-R one rail since your son is 11 and has smaller hands, the slimmer hand guard will be easy for him to hold. Upgrade the trigger to maybe an ALG trigger as those are very nice and not too speedy. And then just find someone to do custom cerokote work (I have no idea how much that costs) but the rail and trigger costs about 200-250 so that should leave plenty for the custom paint job! Or get him into John wick instead of Deadpool and get him to want a very similar gun compared to John wicks AR-15! Might be easier and a little cheaper!

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA
Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top