JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
The article was in Field and Stream which has become another organ of the far, far left.
It was a good magazine in the 50s when Ted Trueblood, A J McClane and Warren Page among others wrote for it.
I picked one up in the doctor's office a month or so ago. It was the thickness of a pamphlet. After I thumbed through it I understood why.
I don't understand how it still exists.

Sheldon

Both of these articles are pure Democratic/Media spin with just enough facts to sound credible. They are pure BS. Go to the actual press conferences on line and read what was actually said. The new Secretary of the Interior is an avid hunter and fisherman. His hero is Theodore Roosevelt. He has flat out said that neither he nor Trump are in favor of disposing of any federal public lands. He wants to return to the policies of 30 years ago where ALL uses were considered on an equal basis, and the best use of the land allowed for economic production as well as recreational use. I have NO, ZERO, NADA problems with that. We need logging to produce forage and access to our national forests. Loggers build roads and clear cuts produce forage. For the past 30 years we've been bulldozing roads and limiting public access on public land for anything but sight-seeing on foot. This elitist attitude that the great unwashed public doesn't belong tramping around in "our" woods and deserts has to stop.

Obama locked up 1.5 million acres in a national monument in his last month in office. That's 1.5 million acres where wheeled vehicles will not be allowed, where existing roads will be destroyed and closed, where large areas will be closed to most uses. Trump has ordered a review of monument creation over the last 20 years with the intent of downsizing or reversing some of those designations, and modifying what uses are allowed. I fully support both Trump and Ryan Zinke. Want to know what kind of a guy Zinke is? He rode a horse to his swearing in ceremony.

Ryan Zinke Hoofs It to Work

Last Edited:
Snopes will no doubt come out and say the article had it all right and Trump is horrible. :D
And Snopes is unreliable if not outright biased--not to mention sloppy themselves, where they reported the pre-WWII Kalinin K-7 heavy bomber as "bigger than a B-52" and I sent them direct links to Boeing and USAF specs indicating the BUFF bigger in every way... BUT NOOO, "must preserve aura of Soviet Power Supreme"... I even offered, if they could get me base access and a tape measure big enough, to take measurements off a gate-guard myself for verification.

In the game of "Fact or Crap," I give Snopes three Bowl Blasters with a side of Buttbrick.

And Snopes is unreliable if not outright biased--not to mention sloppy themselves, where they reported the pre-WWII Kalinin K-7 heavy bomber as "bigger than a B-52" and I sent them direct links to Boeing and USAF specs indicating the BUFF bigger in every way... BUT NOOO, "must preserve aura of Soviet Power Supreme"... I even offered, if they could get me base access and a tape measure big enough, to take measurements off a gate-guard myself for verification.

In the game of "Fact or Crap," I give Snopes three Bowl Blasters with a side of Buttbrick.

That's why I said that. I figured at least 99% of the readers here know better than to believe anything that couple comes out with. It's just a husband and wife team who are blatantly liberal. They only have any "credibility" because the big media wants them to. If they actually told the truth the media would daily tell everyone they lie all the time.

WHAT A JOKE so what if the 1 Kalinin K-7 was bigger then a B-52

General characteristics

• Crew: minimum 11
  • Capacity: 120 passengers in civilian configuration
  • Length: 28 m (91 ft 10 in)
  • Wingspan: 53 m (173 ft 11 in)
  • Height: 12.4m (estimated to top of engine shell)
  • Wing area: 454 m² (4,886.8 ft²)
  • Empty weight: 24,400 kg (53,793 lb)
  • Loaded weight: 38,000 kg (83,776 lb)
  • Powerplant: 7 × Mikulin AM-34F V-12 piston engines, 560 kW (750 hp) each
Performance

And now for the B-52

Specifications (B-52H)
400px-Boeing_B-52H_Stratofortress.png
220px-B52H.JPG

B-52H profile, circa 1987
220px-B-52H_static_display_arms_06.jpg

Boeing B-52H static display with weapons, Barksdale AFB 2006. A second B-52H can be seen in flight in the background
Data from Knaack,[261] USAF fact sheet,[4] Quest for Performance[262]

General characteristics

Performance

Armament

• Guns:20 mm (0.787 in) M61 Vulcan cannon originally mounted in a remote controlled tail turret on the H-model, removed from all current operational aircraft in 1991
  • Bombs: Approximately 70,000 lb (31,500 kg) mixed ordnance; bombs, mines, missiles, in various configurations.
Avionics

Take off weight is almost 400,000 lbs more in the B-52
Speed is 510mph faster then the Soviet tractor
Service ceiling is like 5.5 miles higher

And yes it is physically smaller​

My point was, how you operate when it *doesn't* matter is indicative of how you operate when it *does*, and when supplemental info oesn't even rate a courtesy acknowledgment in response...

Non Constitutional Federal Land Grabs and failed legal contracts with States is one of the reasons why SW OR USA is in its horrible present governmental state. The Feds have a long record of illegally breaking contracts made with the State Of Oregon.

Specifically the Oregon and California logging railroad failure. We had a deal. We cut timber, the State and local government got a portion of the taxes there from. Then the Feds broke the contract illegally ... and continued the reduced timber cutting rate.

Whether or not this is bad or not depends upon ones point of political view. Some say the Feds should stay out of State land policy. That would be good but the Feds have also locked up the woods to the point where they own over half of all timberlands in Oregon.

The land the Feds ILLEGALLY seized either belonged to the State of Oregon which is bad enough, or it belonged to private or corporate parties. There is little hunting land locally that is private or corporate. Most of it is Oregon State land or Federal land.

So if the tree huggers and fish kisser wacko commie environmentalists want to enjoy wilderness land, they need to understand that with Federal control comes ... federal control. Duhh. Great for a small minority but horrible for the vast majority of us in Oregon.

And finally ... ever start a paragraph with a conjunction! I keep saying it. Keep doing it. The only way one can create wealth is by either mining or farming. No exceptions. I am appalled at the lack of education and common sense today. Just me. Respectfully.

Didn't click. Trump did rescind Obama executive orders that would have made huge tracts of lands into national monuments.. you can't do nothing in a monument so I consider that a win.

What exactly cant we do? Are we talking prohibiting outdoor recreation?

More BS liberal spin! You want to talk about losing more Federal land to hunting,you have to look no farther than the (Private Timber companies) locking us out of thousands of acres of hunting habitat (BLM) here in Western Oregon. Just outside of Sutherlin Or. You now have to pay Weyerhauser big bucks to hunt their land.They,by doing this are locking away many ,many acres of public land behind their gates.In essence they are charging people to hunt public land. You don't pay them, you don't get to hunt that public land. Roseburg Forest Products as well as other big timber companies are locking away thousands of acres of BLM from us here in Western Or. All with the approval of our officials at BLM. You don't believe it? Give them a call and see. I did.

The biggest threat to hunting here is the killing off of habitat for wildlife by these big timber giants, and they have been aided by our state and Federal elected officials who don't give a hoot about anything but being reelected.
We as hunters and other outdoors-men should ban together to try and stop this spraying and killing off of all natural habitat but fir trees.Not only has it drastically reduced the numbers of our wildlife,but these chemicals are also poison to human life as well. remember agent orange.

Our great Fish and Wildlife Dept here in Oregon are doing such a great job saving our wildlife.:eek: Their approach to the problem of less game and wildlife? "Simple" Just raise the cost every other year to our fees to hunt and fish. Somehow this will make things better.Better for who?
I don't give a hoot if the Feds put a pump jack (oil well) on public land. Might bring down the price of gas and create more blue collar jobs. "JMHO"

Upcoming Events

Rifle Mechanics
Sweet Home, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors May 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Handgun Self Defense Fundamentals
Sweet Home, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top