JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Pulled out my EDC, which happens to be a Benchmade Infidel. Noticed some glue residue from opening a box and decided to clean her up. Sprayed a little bit of goof-off on the blade and proceeded to wipe it down with my right hand (thankfully I'm a lefty). Wouldn't you know I managed to take a chunk of meat off my right thumb in the process...:D

Sucks being a human sometimes. :p

I know I'm not the only one that's done this, so post up if you dare! ;)

A little super glue fixed me right up, although being a fillet type cut it wasn't easy.

I'm always testing the sharpness of blade edges with my fingers. Honest to God it's the best way to to get a feel for the quality of an edge. However, sometimes I think I should change my name to "nick". That being said, I'm keeping my Lansky.

Or worse when another tech borrows it thinking they can fix the threads on a wheel speed sensor replacement they mangled.

Superglue, check. Black RTV, check. Customer turns around after 2 blocks, check.

I used to do sheetmetal ductwork full-time (before serious OSHA regs)... you haven't lived until you've seen your exposed tendons through your laceration moving up and down when you flex your fingers.

Super-glue and/or (mainly) duct tape were always my go-to (more than a few times) and I never bothered with medical attention if my fingers could still move properly.

I used to do sheetmetal ductwork full-time (before serious OSHA regs)... you haven't lived until you've seen your exposed tendons through your laceration moving up and down when you flex your fingers.

Super-glue and/or (mainly) duct tape were always my go-to (more than a few times) and I never bothered with medical attention if my fingers could still move properly.
i prefer the more visually pleasing type of "duct work" :D:D queue "guns and girls" thread :D

you haven't lived until you removed a finger from a glove that was worn by an electrician using a hole-hog with a 1" auger bit.......and bagged it up for reattachment.

Was up hunting when I was younger. Sleeping in a tent I decided that I wanted to open a bag of beef jerky. Reached over to grab my buddies knife off his belt. Well his gut instinct was to grab the knife and I pulled it right across the palm of his hand cutting it wide open.:confused:

In the middle of nowhere 2 hours from the closest town on old dirt roads. I made the drive in 58 mins. he had to get 12 stitches across his palm. :(

you haven't lived until you removed a finger from a glove that was worn by an electrician using a hole-hog with a 1" auger bit.......and bagged it up for reattachment.

But from the condition of what was left, pretty sure his love life was never the same. ;)

i hear ya there. though, "time-serting" an entire northstar cadillac engine... head bolts and main bolts... even with GMs special tool jig and bits its 16hours of labor. it sucks!!!

What's the point bro, it's still gonna leak!

Upcoming Events

Rifle Mechanics
Sweet Home, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors May 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Handgun Self Defense Fundamentals
Sweet Home, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top