JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Are the linked ones rifled? I've been considering getting a few myself for my little hand cannon SBS.

I look forward to hearing from those that have them as well!

The shotshell adapters are not rifled, but they do have some handgun caliber ones that are rifled.

I wouldn't want to shoot a solid bullet/slug at anything that matters without a rear sight. Might be good enough for "minute of bad guy" though, if that's your thing.

I am wanting to purchase a few different chamber adapters. I do not own any break open 12ga shotguns yet but have one 20ga and two 410 break opens. I want to use some adapters in my slam fire 12ga build. Has anybody tried using an adapter inside an adapter?

I'm cheap and I figure that even the .410 and/or .28 gauge ammo cost more than the promo .12 gauge. So anyway, why spend more on an adapter and worry about the pattern?

Perhaps......you might consider some homemade "cut shells" and/or nowadays they do sell shorter-length 12 gauge shells (with less shot in them). My friend from Hawaii use to take home a couple of boxes from my other friend in WA who had the internet send them to his home.

Aloha, Mark

I'm cheap and I figure that even the .410 and/or .28 gauge ammo cost more than the promo .12 gauge. So anyway, why spend more on an adapter and worry about the pattern?

Perhaps......you might consider some homemade "cut shells" and/or nowadays they do sell shorter-length 12 gauge shells (with less shot in them). My friend from Hawaii use to take home a couple of boxes from my other friend in WA who had the internet send them to his home.

Aloha, Mark
I was wanting some of the pistol caliber rifled chamber adapters. I would like a 12ga to 20ga adapter too. And now I want a 12ga or 20ga to 22lr adapter so I can try the muzzleloading black powder loads in my shotguns using 22lr case or blanks as ignition.

Sorry, I was looking at Nosferatu's post.

+++++++++++
+++++++++++

arakboss,

Reading your Post #8, I don't know exactly what you're looking for.
So then.....Up to you! Plenty of stuff to play with.

Example.

For the record.......I haven't indulged.

Aloha, Mark

Who has some experience with the various chamber adapter such as those from https://www.gunadapters.com?

Specifically, how do the lesser gauges pattern out of a 12ga shotgun? I'm curious if the .410 and 28ga adapters specifically will pattern well enough to reliably take game. I'm considering the 28ga for grouse and pheasant through my Henry 12ga single shot.
No experience with shotgun to shotgun adapters. I have found the 12 gauge to pistol caliber $30 rifled adapters on eBay to be great and way less cost than gunadapters.com.

In "olden times" chamber adapters / sleeves were more commonly made full barrel length. There are a few still being made like that. More common are the short ones. I'd think, but have no experience of the matter, that a .410 fired in a 12 ga. (for example) wouldn't pattern worth a hoot at any reasonable distance. And, I'm not sure of the practicality, as has been pointed out previously that .410 is typically more expensive than 12 ga.

I think the idea of sleeves for different gauges appeals to some preppers. Because they wouldn't be as limited to what gauge shell they needed if supplies were real tight. Emergency use.

I have a couple of sleeves left, one is 9mm Para. in 28 gauge, the other is .32 H&R Magnum / .32 ACP in .410. I've played around with them some, even without a well defined rear sight, mine are accurate up to about 25 yards. The ones I have are both smooth bore. Some may be bought that are rifled. The sleeves add a bit of versatility to these two shotguns that ordinarily don't see much use.

In "olden times" chamber adapters / sleeves were more commonly made full barrel length. There are a few still being made like that. More common are the short ones. I'd think, but have no experience of the matter, that a .410 fired in a 12 ga. (for example) wouldn't pattern worth a hoot at any reasonable distance. And, I'm not sure of the practicality, as has been pointed out previously that .410 is typically more expensive than 12 ga.

I think the idea of sleeves for different gauges appeals to some preppers. Because they wouldn't be as limited to what gauge shell they needed if supplies were real tight. Emergency use.

I have a couple of sleeves left, one is 9mm Para. in 28 gauge, the other is .32 H&R Magnum / .32 ACP in .410. I've played around with them some, even without a well defined rear sight, mine are accurate up to about 25 yards. The ones I have are both smooth bore. Some may be bought that are rifled. The sleeves add a bit of versatility to these two shotguns that ordinarily don't see much use.
"olden times"?? Don't know where you guys have been looking, but skeet shooters have been using "tube sets" forever. And still do.
https://www.briley.com/c-238-tube-sets-accessories-and-cases.aspx

"olden times"?? Don't know where you guys have been looking, but skeet shooters have been using "tube sets" forever. And still do.
Thanks for the info. The Briley tube sets are way more modern than the ones I've seen in the past.

Here is one contemporary example that is closer to full length:

Maybe he enjoys making the items himself?
I guess so. The last thing in the world I would want personally is some hobo solution in the firing part of my gun. Accessories or whatever fine but not in the chamber etc. just not for me when there are tons of safe, durable, and even proven solutions available in every imaginable permutation for little cost.

Upcoming Events

Rifle Mechanics
Sweet Home, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors May 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Handgun Self Defense Fundamentals
Sweet Home, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top