JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I've owned and shot many 9mm/.357 convertibles over the years, and I've also read many times the legend that a 9mm bullet rattles down the barrel, spoiling accuracy.

I can't speak for others' experiences, but I will speak of my own. 100% of the time, my 9mm convertibles shoot quite well with either bullet.

has anyone one else used a revolver for a caliber that is was not necessarily built for?
At one time, I had an extra cylinder for one of my Smith & Wesson Model 16-4's. The 16-4 is .32 H&R Magnum, the extra cylinder was in .32-20 Win. which had been made by Wisner's in Adna, Wash. I think the .32-20 cyl. had started as a .22 LR K frame cylinder. It worked fine. The only thing about it was, apparently Wisner's didn't have a .32-20 Win. reamer, so they created the bottleneck effect by machining several steps. Six times, once for each chamber. It looked weird, but fired cases barely showed evidence of the stepping and resizing removed them completely.

and I've also read many times the legend that a 9mm bullet rattles down the barrel, spoiling accuracy.
Well, pretty weak 'legend' as I routinely load 9mm bullets in .38 Special ammo (and have in 'light' .357 mag as well) and I have experienced excellent accuracy in both.

NOW - I have not compared accuracy with some sort of 'side by side' bench rest test of both bullets but the pine cones go flyin' just the same.

They are Ruger parts. So yeah originally from Ruger.

Through the mail?

BUT, But, but.....
Wouldn't that screw up those states that need to have a spent case in order to hold on to? You know.....just in case you commit a crime with the firearm.

Cough, cough......

Oh right. Maybe/perhaps......there is another LAW that requires you to have the firearm tested at a Govt. facility. So that the Govt will know the new caliber and they can ensure that the case has come from your gun.

1714862147616.png

Aloha, Mark

PS.......WAIT......do they still do that?

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top