JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I think one of them is trying to write their name in the snow, hold on.
Can you read it now? Oh the horror. Got this at the Expo. $5. It's like Meskin carry but safer and I am a Meskin.

1000000563.jpg

Lol, it took me a minute to figure out what you were saying.
Yeah I am just poking fun. Actually, I bought one for the Dagger and one for the P365XL. They work pretty well. With something like this, the fear of shooting your junk off is greatly reduced. Trigger completely covered. I also had a guy make a hybrid holster for me so I can carry the new Sig light on the P365XL which is my main carry edc. That is more traditional but will still be carried appendix. I carried that way to church this morning, again with 0 issues. I just don't get all the whining about appendix carry. If you don't like it or too scared, just don't carry that way but it's pretty evident it works for a lot of folks.

I have only ever carried revolvers, but mostly appendix. A small 13 oz J frame pretty much disappears.. haven't had any experience with a semi with one in the pipe seems like having a good guard on the trigger and not constantly re-holstering during a tactical Tuesday session should cut down on the possibility of negs

I just don't get all the whining about appendix carry. If you don't like it or too scared, just don't carry that way but it's pretty evident it works for a lot of folks.
This is what's funny about this thread -- not one person has been "whining" about appendix carry, just more than a few chiming in with their personal opinion that it's not for them. Pretty much every single person posting here has just essentially said, "you do you, I'll do me" and explained their reasoning.

But those looking to take offense at differing opinions will certainly find something to take offense over. (Including the guy who has me on "ignore" so he knows I can't see his posts if I'm logged in but wants to check in on every thread I post in to tell everyone he thinks I'm a bu++h0le, frankly, that's a little cowardly).

Anyway, that's why I said something earlier about posting in a thread when you admit you haven't read all the posts. But, no, you take offense, not even having read one of my early posts in the thread which basically agrees with some of your posts, and if' you'd read them, you'd have seen that.

@Old Dog your earlier posts might have agreed with me but you didn't seem to agree with me after I posted, mentioning the tired argument of shooting your junk off.

So IF there is 6 pages of everyone not whining and all saying the same thing, why would I want to read that anyway? Show me where it is proper etiquette to read every post in a thread before you reply. Why would you care if someone puts you on ignore?

Let's continue this then, what part of my posts do you agree with? Is it - carry the way we want or did you agree with the reasons why many carry appendix? I don't want to take any more of your time, I know you have a lot of posts to read.

Why....?

As in why does it matter to you* if someone carries appendix or any other way for that matter...?

If you like to carry in that manner...or if that works for you...then do so.
If you don't like that idea or practice or it doesn't work for you ...then don't do it.

Easy.

*You...as in the general you...not aimed at any particular you.
Wow...whole lotta you there...good thing it wasn't ewe....:eek: :D
Andy

Why....?

As in why does it matter to you* if someone carries appendix or any other way for that matter...?

If you like to carry in that manner...or if that works for you...then do so.
If you don't like that idea or practice or it doesn't work for you ...then don't do it.

Easy.

*You...as in the general you...not aimed at any particular you.
Wow...whole lotta you there...good thing it wasn't ewe....:eek: :D
Andy
We're coming to the point of 'eewww'...

It's interesting to read that one of the Old Guard's darling holsters, Milt Sparks Summer Special, was designed by Bruce Nelson for appendix carry, or "forward of the hip". And the source of the term "belly gun".

1716218659182.jpeg

It's interesting to read that one of the Old Guard's darling holsters, Milt Sparks Summer Special, was designed by Bruce Nelson for appendix carry, or "forward of the hip". And the source of the term "belly gun".

View attachment 1884746
Never heard of Bruce Parks or Milt Nelson.

Last Edited:
I don't have the huge waist to pull it off. Muscular build, no gut, no big waist. But even if I did, WHY would anyone ever point a gun at their genitals? Especially with all these Sig discharges, etc. I knew a SWAT cop who shot himself in the leg drawing from a serpa holster carried at 3 o clock. The thought of even putting a gun in a holster down there makes me cringe....
1. You don't need a muscular build and no gut to carry AIWB.

I carried a full size G17 at 21 years old, 132 lbs, 6'0" just fine AIWB.

I carry many pistols today at 29 years old, 182 lbs, 6'0" just fine.

2. Sig's the only one having that issue.

That's why I carry firearms made by companies that don't have a history of making guns that fire uncommanded.

Many of the examples of Sig's firing uncommanded were done so by individual's who did, in fact, pull the trigger. However some were caused by a defective safety mechanism. Understanding how your firearm functions will lead to increased trust; there's a reason why I'll carry Glocks and Staccatos AIWB but not much else.

3. The SWAT officer messed up if he shot himself with a SERPA.

SERPA's have a poor design, yes, but the holster and the gun didn't make him shoot himself. He shot himself.

SERPA's are inherently dangerous because they place the finger in the same area as the trigger on the draw stroke. What happens is that the shooter places finger in area of trigger to disengage the holsters active retention, pistol starts coming up and out of holster, finger slips into trigger guard at the same time, trigger is pulled, gun is aimed at leg, leg takes a round.

Carry a gun made by a reputable company that doesn't have a history of guns firing uncommanded; regularly inspect and maintain your carry gun; carry in a quality holster not known for having a design that inherently leads to negligent discharges; be safe, responsible, and proficient with your firearms, unlike most cops.

The VanGuard 2 is a minimalist IWB holster. Unlike traditional IWB holsters,
the VG2 covers only the trigger guard of your weapon. Holster comes equiped
with tuckable overhook.

When carrying in a bag, I use a lanyard and with the covered trigger guard, never worry about something getting inside the trigger guard.

Love it.

vanguard5_result.jpg

@Old Dog your earlier posts might have agreed with me but you didn't seem to agree with me after I posted, mentioning the tired argument of shooting your junk off.

So IF there is 6 pages of everyone not whining and all saying the same thing, why would I want to read that anyway? Show me where it is proper etiquette to read every post in a thread before you reply. Why would you care if someone puts you on ignore?

Let's continue this then, what part of my posts do you agree with? Is it - carry the way we want or did you agree with the reasons why many carry appendix? I don't want to take any more of your time, I know you have a lot of posts to read.
Lessee now... you brought up NDs you witnessed all in conventionally worn mode holsters; same here (I spoke to that in one of my posts #92 or so).

I'd also spoken to how stress and sleep deprivation were common elements in the NDs I witnessed among professionals (those who carry firearms daily for work).

I agreed it's an effective mode for concealment. I agree that everyone has the right to choose and what's good for one guy might not be right for the next guy.

I will concede that it's a superior mode for weapon retention (countering gun grab attempts), better leverage, more strength available.

I was just simply looking at the concept (AIWB) from a standpoint of risk mitigation (less chance of an ND in holster/while holstering hitting a femoral artery or one's genitals). Not a tired argument. Just for me, should Mr. Murphy make an appearance and I commit the unthinkable, I'd rather have a hole in my right butt cheek or cargo pants pocket.

But actually, if that's the ONLY carry method one ever uses, I'm good with that. But I don't agree in different modes of carry if one is varying the types/sizes of handgun he/she carries from day to day. Same location on the belt, same style of holster, same draw stroke, every time is how I roll.

And I do promote the notion that it's likely not a good mode of carry for beginners, someone who's just starting to carry a firearm..

The only reason I brought up reading previous posts is that this is a topic that typically turns into two camps, each one preaching to a separate choir so it just devolves into an echo chamber with a gazillion redundant posts.

Last edited by a moderator:
The VanGuard 2 is a minimalist IWB holster. Unlike traditional IWB holsters,
the VG2 covers only the trigger guard of your weapon. Holster comes equiped
with tuckable overhook.

When carrying in a bag, I use a lanyard and with the covered trigger guard, never worry about something getting inside the trigger guard.

Love it.

View attachment 1884838
Glock block

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA
Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR