JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Dirty Bird has the Vortex SPAC AR (2MOA) in black for $99. Lowest price I've seen it. Today is May 9 2024, don't know how long it will be on sale.

(One odd thing I noticed is the lens caps are on the upper right side vs the picture on Vortex website has them on the lower right side. Not sure what that's about. Maybe they changed the cover at some point?!)

Vortex offers great red dots. They are toddler proof so you know they can handle a battle, šŸ˜‚. I don't own the SPARC AR so I can't speak specifically to this optic but I do own 2 Viper Red dots and a Spitfire HD II 5x (fyi, the latter is a really good prism scope with an unforgiving eye box, and they should have used a different footprint IMO). At that price I might buy a SPARC AR, even though I don't need it I'm sure I could find a use. šŸ˜

(Peface to my negative opinion essay below: I do think Vortex makes great red dot and optics, don't let this deter you if you want one.)

My only 2 gripes about this red dot, and this goes for some of their other illuminated optics:

1) they have decent battery life, HOWEVER, they have auto shutoff but no shake awake. What that means for me is that these units are good for range or carry but not for a stowed HD firearm since shutoff is after 12hrs but because they don't have shake awake you have to remember to turn it on. If someone is breaking into your house and your waking from a dead sleep, seconds could make a difference. It might work for some people for a HD gun, just not for me. All of my illuminated optics have shake awake other than my 3 Vortex. Because of this my HD guns don't wear Vortex.

2) they are made in China. I'm sick of paying money to the Chinese GOV. The whole world economy has made them a rich nation and they should not have the power that they do. I have no problem with the regular Chinese people who are just trying to live their lives, but I detest the Chinese GOV. I will avoid buying "made in China" as much as I can. We don't need to get into that argument conversation here, that's a topic that has been discussed at length in other posts and you can find those and add your opinion there. Plus I'm pretty stubborn sometimes and it's unlikely anyone is gonna change my mind on that subject. On the flip side, Vortex is an American company.

1. I agree to the classified rules and terms of service
I bought one several years ago but don't recall the price. They're good little optics though admittedly it's pretty much just sat on the rifle in the safe without much use or abuse.

Members are allowed to ask whatever they want for items posted in the classified sections. If you don't like the price of an item, simply move on. Posting negative comments will result in the revocation of your classified privileges.

Upcoming Events

Rifle Mechanics
Sweet Home, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors May 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Handgun Self Defense Fundamentals
Sweet Home, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews