JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I am seriously considering buying a 400 corbon barrel for my budget ATI GI full size 1911.

This is the model I have:

Here is a link to the barrel:

I will also need to purchase a link and a pin. Any advice on how to select and install links and pins? I am hoping the factory bushing will suffice.

I have never done any work to a 1911 before.

Well, having recently set myself up to fit 1911 barrels....I think it sounds like getting in way over your head.
If yer courageous and determined, I would suggest Knowing what I Learned. Understand that I have quite a bit of experience in making parts and repairing.
I had not done barrel work on a 1911 until this year.
So....read. The Kuhnhausen books have great info!
Learn, and actually KNOW how the barell/link system is SUPPOSED to work.
Jump in with both feet, have FUN, do yer best.
Good luck!

Joe

I dunno. I wanted the same barrel cuz I like oddball cartridges. Fitting the barrel is fitting the barrel.
It's the chamber I'd be more interested in! Similar to reloading for 357 Sig, you hafta headspace right (hint: it is NOT the case mouth).
Getting it to run might be just recoil springing, but getting into mainsprings and hammer ramp angles would be fun!

Joe

When I did a 400 conversion I got a drop in barrel that had its link already attached. And it was a true drop in. It's been a few years , it may have also come with a recoil spring. I reload and was able to tune the ammo to the gun. At the time I also had several 40 cal guns so I had lots of bullets.
Now I'm shooting mostly 45, so the 400 has mostly gotten shelved.
Good Luck DR

When I did a 400 conversion I got a drop in barrel that had its link already attached. And it was a true drop in. It's been a few years , it may have also come with a recoil spring. I reload and was able to tune the ammo to the gun. At the time I also had several 40 cal guns so I had lots of bullets.
Now I'm shooting mostly 45, so the 400 has mostly gotten shelved.
Good Luck DR

Sell him the 400 already.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA
Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR

New Resource Reviews