JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Whelp....The good news is that Hunter Biden's case could ultimately be really good for 2a.

Buuuut the bad news is he may legitimately (not just because of who his daddy is) get off on the gun charges and not do any time.

But if he does get off, he will completely undermine daddy's anti-gun efforts...which is pretty hilarious. So there's that. :)

Thanks for the video. Tho I fear shenanigans (he gets off/gets off light and the law still stands) because, well, .gov, we can always hope, and:

Ken-Watanabe-let-them-fight.gif

Since people are rarely charged with these crimes absent other criminal activity, I'm more interested in the tax evasion and other issues that may be unearthed during the investigation.

On the other hand, I think it's hilarious that Hunter Biden's defense hinges on attacking his own fathers justice department.

Since people are rarely charged with these crimes absent other criminal activity, I'm more interested in the tax evasion and other issues that may be unearthed during the investigation.
AFAIK those have all been handled with payment of back taxes and penalties, that was part of the original plea deal. As for the mythical "all that other stuff that everybody knows about but no one can produce any evidence of" that should be a totally different investigation having nothing to do with the firearms/4473 charges.
Fine that someone might have an interest in that, but the .gov charging you with one specific crime shouldn't give them carte blanche to rip into every other aspect of your life under the pretext of what they actually charged you with

RE : Post #4
Hunter Biden and a possible conviction?

Rrrrright......I also agree.
On his way out.......Brandon will just PARDON him. LOL.

Aloha, Mark

PS......
RE : Biden Crime Family
In order to be PARDONED, one needs to be first, CONVICTED.

Remember the controversy over TRUMP pardoning himself, for his alleged involvement in Jan 6th?

Last Edited:
RE : Biden Crime Family
In order to be PARDONED, one needs to be first, CONVICTED.

Remember the controversy over TRUMP pardoning himself, for his alleged involvement in Jan 6th?
History shows that what D's intend to do themselves, they accuse others of first. So the accusation itself was a tip of the hand on their "backup plan."

Here Is Why a Federal Judge Rejected Hunter Biden's Second Amendment Challenge to His Gun Charges
Likening drug users to people who are "mentally ill and dangerous," the ruling says barring them from owning firearms is not unconstitutional on its face.

New talk of creating a Hunter Biden legal defense fund as main benefactor retreats
The financing crunch comes at a precarious time for the president's son, whose two criminal trials are set to begin in June.

WASHINGTON — Hunter Biden's allies are again exploring whether to set up a legal defense fund to help pay for his legal fees after a similar effort was considered near the end of last year, when two people close to President Joe Biden received a briefing on how a defense fund would operate, according to multiple sources familiar with the current and previous efforts.

The current interest in a fund to help pay for Biden's mounting legal fees comes as the president's son faces two criminal trials starting next month and diminished support from his chief financial backer.

One approach that allies have discussed recently is the creation of a public small-donation fund, four sources close to Hunter Biden told NBC News. They described such a move as a last resort if efforts to seek larger financial support fail, and emphasized that no decision has been made to move forward.

Hollywood lawyer Kevin Morris, who until recently funded Biden's legal defense, said his inability to continue as the main financier comes at a precarious moment. "It is a very difficult situation," Morris told NBC News. "The timing couldn't be worse."

"I've made it clear for many months that I've exhausted all of my ability to be the sole resource to fund the legal defense and anything else," he added.

Biden is estimated to have over $10 million in legal fees. Both of his criminal trials, stemming from Special Counsel David Weiss' investigation, are scheduled to begin in June. In Delaware, he is facing three charges related to falsely filling out a form while purchasing a gun in 2018, and in California he is facing nine charges related to his taxes. Biden faces significant jail time if convicted.

The Briefing
David Jolly, a lawyer and former Republican congressman from Florida, said that in early December he received an urgent phone call from a person close to the Biden family. Since early 2023, after he was approached by Morris and spoke with members of Biden's legal team, Jolly had quietly been exploring what a legal defense fund for the president's son would look like.

During the phone call he was asked to brief two people close to the president on the plan he had come up with, Jolly told NBC News. His briefing outlined how a legal defense fund would work — essentially as a blind trust — and estimated costs for setting it up. He also explained how a trust would ensure the defense fund could raise money for legal expenses and withstand expected scrutiny from the Justice Department, congressional investigators and the media.

"I briefed on what the legal architecture would be," Jolly said.

Jolly is an MSNBC contributor, a role he also held in early December.

The early December briefing involved detailing past practices and recommended rules for legal defense funds, such as no foreign money, no contributions from registered lobbyists or federal employees, and an affirmation from donors that they had no business pending with the federal government.

Jolly's proposal included a recommendation that all donations remain completely private to ensure the president could not be made aware of who had contributed. It also stipulated that any money the defense fund received could only be used for legal bills, not any other type of expenses.

Jolly said the briefing never included a role or compensation for himself, but said he would have been available to serve as counsel to the defense fund and vet potential donors. The plan also recommended the inclusion of a separate ethics adviser.

"To protect everyone involved, if there was a prospective supporter, just let them call me," he said, describing the proposal. He said he recommended that approach "so that [the] White House didn't know about it, Hunter didn't know about it."

The president and first lady were later informed about Jolly's presentation about how a legal defense fund would operate, according to a person familiar with the discussion.

Jolly said he never communicated with the White House counsel's office about the matter. He said he doesn't know if the president or first lady were briefed on his plan but that the two people he presented it to "have the president's ear."

He said his proposed defense fund never got off the ground and that he wasn't paid for his work on it. Jolly also said he stopped working on the effort this spring when it became clear there was a lack of donor support.

A White House official told NBC News on Friday night that the White House has had no involvement in any legal defense fund efforts for the president'

Upcoming Events

Rifle Mechanics
Sweet Home, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors May 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Handgun Self Defense Fundamentals
Sweet Home, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top