JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
How would anyone tell your recently built ARs from ones you assembled before the ban?
REALLY?
This is exactly the kind of thinking that got us here.
They'll never, it'll never, it's unconstitutional, SCOTUS has already ruled on that, REALLY?

Well, they have, it has, it is, and our governor, attorney general, and legislature, could give a damn less about their oath to defend the constitution of the United States of America against all enemies, foreign and domestic, let alone the constitution of the State of Washington.

This is exactly the kind of thinking that got us here.
They'll never, it'll never, it's unconstitutional, SCOTUS has already ruled on that, REALLY?

Well, they have, it has, it is, and our governor, attorney general, and legislature, could give a damn less about their oath to defend the constitution of the United States of America against all enemies, foreign and domestic, let alone the constitution of the State of Washington.
SCOTUS has ruled that all sorts of firearms regulation are Constitutional. SCOTUS has not ruled that AR15 bans are unconstitutional.

Would it be legal to have multiple repair parts on hand, but no unused recievers? IOW lots of parts. No receivers. All purchased, shipped and recieved well before 1240.

Just trying to make sense of this very complicated law.

Its_all_legal.jpg

1688955043783.png

Aloha, Mark

Does the bill 1240 make it so a person cannot fix or upgrade your current long gun? Cannot purchase needed parts?
from my reading of the law it only limits parts that can be assembled into an otherwise non-existing assault weapon. The text says:
" A conversion kit, part, or combination of parts, from which 2 an assault weapon can be assembled or from which a firearm can be 3 converted into an assault weapon if those parts are in the possession 4 or under the control of the same person;"
This is in reference to parts that can be assembled into an assault weapon but does not seem to imply buying parts for an existing assault weapon is illegal since it already exists. I am not a lawyer and this isn't legal advice but this is my interp.

from my reading of the law it only limits parts that can be assembled into an otherwise non-existing assault weapon. The text says:
" A conversion kit, part, or combination of parts, from which 2 an assault weapon can be assembled or from which a firearm can be 3 converted into an assault weapon if those parts are in the possession 4 or under the control of the same person;"
This is in reference to parts that can be assembled into an assault weapon but does not seem to imply buying parts for an existing assault weapon is illegal since it already exists. I am not a lawyer and this isn't legal advice but this is my interp.
Also buying an individual part by itself isn't illegal because it could be used for numerous legal guns. Only when a person puts them together into an illegal gun (or has all the parts to make an illegal gun together tin the same place) would it be illegal.

So are "quick change pins" assembly, construction, manufacturing?
I wouldn't put anything past sideshow Bob at this point.
now, how is Bob going to find out I have just installed such pins on an AR?
I can see this law being used to tack on charges for other offenses
but i can't see my local Police raiding individual home to see if I have AR parts
we couldn't get them to respond when my neighbor was cooking meth
are the State Police patrolling the gun ranges inspecting firearms?
do they have checkpoints on the State Borders checking cars for AR parts to prove "importation"?
are Oregon gunshops and gunshows checking for Washington ID for purchase of AR parts?
are they checking the mail for AR parts being sent to me by my cousin from out of state?
so - how is Washington going to know what I have in my Barn, or what I build
"in violation of State law?" I'm in violation of State law by not registering my Barn cats

Also buying an individual part by itself isn't illegal because it could be used for numerous legal guns. Only when a person puts them together into an illegal gun (or has all the parts to make an illegal gun together tin the same place) would it be illegal.
Wait, you mean sideshow Bob wouldn't create a separate count for each part of an upper or lower?
Here I had Bob pegged as a true totalitarian demigod.
You make it seem like he's a simple oligarch or dictator.
Then I woke up.

It really is that bad.
You can keep yours but if you try to maintain or repair they'll call it manufacturing and construction.
Already a barrel shroud is constructive possession.
Can you imagine them counting all the pieces of 10 lower parts kits and coming up with several hundred years worth of separate charges?
They get around illegal taking by taking from your descendants instead of you.
Next is ammunition purchase regulation right down to the component level.
There is a licensed day care at the exit to my neighborhood. If the State goes through with its expanded sensitive place plans I won't be able to legally leave my neighborhood because the 1000 foot radius includes the entrance to my neighborhood.
The expansion of display, brandishing, menacing, now applied to red flag laws means that a neighbor that doesn't like your looks or likes the looks of your daughter can call with as thin an accusation as " I know he has guns and he has repeatedly threatened me, telling me to stay away from his daughter. I'm afraid he might do something violent"
Poof. No arraignment, no court date, no judge, no option to confront your accuser, have your house no knocked in the middle of the night by the Sheriff coming for your guns.
Wake up.

It has happened, It does happen, it is happening, and it will happen again. This is no longer the constitutional republic I pledged allegiance to every morning of grade school.
The oath I took to join the military now means nothing to those that pretend to defend the constitution.
No longer do sheriff's police, public officials or even the military take the oath seriously.
How could anyone claim to defend the constitution of the united states of America
and continuously infringe on the rights of the people to keep and bear arms for self defense?
At best it's malfeasance, at worst it's outright treason.

I'm getting more than a little sick of people attempting to placate me while defending a government with words like, they don't, they wouldn't, they can't, it'll never happen, it doesn't mean...
It's here now and may god have mercy on your souls because the government wont.

Last Edited:
Wait, you mean sideshow Bob wouldn't create a separate count for each part of an upper or lower?
Here I had Bob pegged as a true totalitarian demigod.
You make it seem like he's a simple oligarch or dictator.
Then I woke up.

It really is that bad.
You can keep yours but if you try to maintain or repair they'll call it manufacturing and construction.
Already a barrel shroud is constructive possession.
Can you imagine them counting all the pieces of 10 lower parts kits and coming up with several hundred years worth of separate charges?
They get around illegal taking by taking from your dependents instead of you.
Next is ammunition purchase regulation right down to the component level.
There is a licensed day care at the exit to my neighborhood. If the State goes through with its expanded sensitive place plans I won't be able to legally leave my neighborhood because the 1000 foot radius includes the entrance to my neighborhood.
The expansion of display, brandishing, menacing, now applied to red flag laws means that a neighbor that doesn't like your looks or likes the looks of your daughter can call with as thin an accusation as " I know he has guns and he has repeatedly threatened me, telling me to stay away from his daughter. I'm afraid he might do something violent"
Poof. No arraignment, no court date, no judge, no option to confront your accuser, have your house no knocked in the middle of the night by the Sheriff coming for your guns.
Wake up.

It has happened, It does happen, it is happening, and it will happen again. This is no longer the constitutional republic I pledged allegiance to every morning of grade school.
The oath I took to join the military now means nothing to those that pretend to defend the constitution.
No longer do sheriff's police, public officials or even the military take the oath seriously.
How could anyone claim to defend the constitution of the united states of America
and continuously infringe on the rights of the people f to keep and bear arms for self defense?
At best it's malfeasance, at worst it's outright treason.

I'm getting more than a little sick of people attempting to placate me while defending a government with words like, they don't, they wouldn't, they can't, it'll never happen, it doesn't mean...
It's here now and may god have mercy on your souls because the government wont.
I'm not in the slightest way saying "they can't" "they wouldn't" etc. By being smart about what you do, you don't ever give them the chance.

They'll be watching local firearms forums to see who is bragging about buying parts out of state and having parts hidden in their barns.
I think the 2 well publicized magazine ban prosecutions where high volume WA State stores that were openly violating the ban are the best examples. And that was for clearly defined "WA illegal" items. That's a hell of a long way different than individual parts that may be used on currently WA-legal guns.

Lots of different ways to read that one sentence in the law, but nowhere does it say people can't repair their currently legal "assault weapons". Nor does it say they can't buy parts to build or repair currently legal guns such as bolt guns etc. It does say they can't build new "assault weapons" though, and imo that is what that single sentence in the bill refers to.

Last Edited:
They'll be watching local firearms forums to see who is bragging about buying parts out of state and having parts hidden in their barns.
I'll let you know when they show up, by the way, what agency is going to show up? not Clark Co sheriff
but i heard the same back in '91 and no one has shown up yet to check my Barn

when they first opened Costco and Home Depot just over the Oregon border, people told me that the Washington State police would start stopping people with large appliance in their truck to see if they paid Washington sales taxes on the purchases
to date, it has never happened, and I've bought a lot of washers and refrigerators down there
Oh No - I'm in violation of State laws

cats
Home Depot appliances
AR parts
their coming to take me away Ha Haa Ho Hoo He Hee

I was going to try and but a different ambi safety selector today online and they cancelled the sale due to being Washington. So it seems like yes, they are banning parts.

I'll let you know when they show up, by the way, what agency is going to show up? not Clark Co sheriff
but i heard the same back in '91 and no one has shown up yet to check my Barn

when they first opened Costco and Home Depot just over the Oregon border, people told me that the Washington State police would start stopping people with large appliance in their truck to see if they paid Washington sales taxes on the purchases
to date, it has never happened, and I've bought a lot of washers and refrigerators down there
Oh No - I'm in violation of State laws

cats
Home Depot appliances
AR parts
their coming to take me away Ha Haa Ho Hoo He Hee
Costco appliance contraband roadblock:
ECFB6250-BB12-4602-AB41-78A209B34868.jpeg
Costco appliance run vehicle:
BCC397F7-F9F1-4A3C-A516-FC3A3E8F5B20.jpeg

(J/k)

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class