JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Me looking at another 10 round magazine "What if scenario"
1671120698081.png

Don't go adopting the anti-gunners language. They're going after standard capacity magazines. If it ain't drum, it ain't high capacity.
Exactly I own one semi auto rifle that uses a detachable box magazine My M1 Carbine. They must have made by now 100 million 15rd magazines for them So how is a 10 rd not a reduced capacity magazine. Cause a 15rd sure ain't high capacity.

I'm pretty sure the Thurston shooter in Springfield was tackled while trying to reload as well. (A friend and co-worker's son was in the cafeteria that day.)
That shooter was using a Ruger 10/22 rifle with 25 round magazines and had a pistol. The 22LR did not have enough power to stop the charging football player who took him down.

The problem with the reload theory is that it also applies to the good guy, including the police. The whole argument is circular... a fallacy. If it was true, then they would mandate 10 rounds for all police, FBI, Military, security who protect the politicians that pass these insane laws... if it was true, they would impose the same mag limits on their personal security.
But forcing a reload also applies to the good guy...

I dont know one single cop that agrees with this unconstitutional law.
As of yet I have not met one that will be looking for standard capacity violations.
Every one on the enforcement side sees methamphetamine and heroin possession under 110, for what it is, legalized drugs. 2 grams of meth equals $100 ticket.
Many feel the criminal justice system us broken, and look foward to retirement.
Case law in Oregon, cops cant ask anything on a traffic stop outside of said violation which was pc for traffic stop.
All my mags will have a label "10 round". Should it be seen in plain view
I dont consent to searches.
The way the unconstitutional 114 reads over ten needs to be locked away in the trunk..
So by default as a ccw holder I'm limited to 10.
So I will just be en route hunting everywhere I go, whether its day or night.
I know GOA are on the case. The California lawsuit is in play soon to be adjudicated by Saint Benito using the US Supreme Court decision, "Bruen" my understanding the same Attorney is working on the unconstitutional 114.
This will be an on going issue for years to come.
Our best hope is to have an article put in the Oregon Constitution to protect law abiding Citizens. Every law is measured against the constitution.
Void of protective text, they will continue to violate our rights while tweekers and hypes roam free.

That shooter was using a Ruger 10/22 rifle with 25 round magazines and had a pistol. The 22LR did not have enough power to stop the charging football player who took him down.
According to Wiki he shot the football player with the pistol as the football player charged him when he ran out of ammo in the rifle and began to reload. Ryker had already been hit with the 10/22.

From Wiki:
When Kinkel's rifle ran out of ammunition and he began to reload, wounded student Jacob Ryker tackled him, assisted by several other students. Kinkel drew the Glock from his belt and fired one shot before he was disarmed, injuring Ryker again as well as another student.

According to Wiki he shot the football player with the pistol as the football player charged him when he ran out of ammo in the rifle and began to reload. Ryker had already been hit with the 10/22.

From Wiki:
When Kinkel's rifle ran out of ammunition and he began to reload, wounded student Jacob Ryker tackled him, assisted by several other students. Kinkel drew the Glock from his belt and fired one shot before he was disarmed, injuring Ryker again as well as another student.
Yes, the 22LR did not have the power to stop the charging football player. A higher caliber rifle most likely would have.

As of yet I have not met one that will be looking for standard capacity violations.
Every one on the enforcement side sees methamphetamine and heroin possession under 110, for what it is, legalized drugs. 2 grams of meth equals $100 ticket.
Case law in Oregon, cops cant ask anything on a traffic stop outside of said violation which was pc for traffic stop.
The way the unconstitutional 114 reads over ten needs to be locked away in the trunk..
I know GOA are on the case. The California lawsuit is in play soon to be adjudicated by Saint Benito using the US Supreme Court decision, "Bruen" my understanding the same Attorney is working on the unconstitutional 114.
Our best hope is to have an article put in the Oregon Constitution to protect law abiding Citizens. Every law is measured against the constitution.
Void of protective text, they will continue to violate our rights while tweekers and hypes roam free.
I am always on the hunt for the western grey squirrel they are crafty !!

The proponents of high capacity STANDARD capacity magazines [corrected due to public shaming from the term checkers ;) ] bans have for years, decades actually, argued that one of the reasons for the 10 limit is actually quite simple. When the bad guy only has 10 rounds and has to reload it gives every brass nut in the room a split second opportunity to rush the shooter and disarm them. Just like in the movies! I've heard the argument in media and politics repeatedly. I remember hearing it because it has always irked me a little.

Fast forward to our little BM 114 debacle. Now we have a federal judge implying during proceedings that if you want to effectively defend yourself there is no reason that you can't simply carry multiple 10rd mags. So you can just reload if you need more ammo while defending yourself. What was once a distinct disadvantage for arguments sake is now a viable option for self defense.

So which one is it? Mag banners used one side of the argument to push their case to the gullible public and got a law passed. Now it would seem that they are using the other side of the logic to defend the new abomination........................

So IRRITATING! Rant over.
Not a fuqin bit of it will ever make sense!
I'm not carrying less ammo and not carrying more mags to carry same amount of ammo.

The only thing that will save your bubblegum in a (mass shooter situation) or any another attempt on your life is a clear and level head, proper training and a weapon !
Be it my k-bar , my sig or my fugin car keys !

Yes, the 22LR did not have the power to stop the charging football player. A higher caliber rifle most likely would have.
No argument there. I think I may have missed your point. My focus was on the reloading aspect, and I thought you were saying it wasn't because he was reloading but simply because the .22 wasn't powerful enough. Reading it again, you didn't really address reloading one way or the other. My bad.

ETA: When Ryker was charging him, he shot him with a 9mm Glock 19.

Last Edited:
the other problem with the reloading argument is that there are not enough people carrying, so thats why many people support capacity limits. Most in society dont want to carry a gun every day.

Unfortunatly I don't think the hunting will help us. Aren't we limited to 5 rounds for hunting?

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA
Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top