JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Does anyone make an adapter from 410 to 9mm or 22lr? My some has a 410 he loves to shoot but dang, 410 is pretty much gone or so overpriced that he doesn't get to shoot it much.
Try gunadapters.com they should have multiple caliber options available. Keep in mind though if they aren't rifled you lose accuracy.

Try gunadapters.com they should have multiple caliber options available. Keep in mind though if they aren't rifled you lose accuracy.
Dang, getting closer. Those look like they do not have rifling. If I can't find something else I'll get one to try out. They are out of stock for a 5 pack of 410/45LC that would make my 460XVR cheap to shoot, that's too bad as I would have reached for my wallet, LOL

Here's a funny one, 500 magnum to 9mm. Show everyone at the range how you can tame the powerful 500 magnum beast (just don't let them see you when ur reloading)! :p

30105FAA-5739-4C0F-BE45-296D49B6F455.png

Shooters box brand are the eBay ones I got for .22 (that one is rifled but don't know about the others).

Here's a funny one, 500 magnum to 9mm. Show everyone at the range how you can tame the powerful 500 magnum beast (just don't let them see you when ur reloading)! :p

View attachment 1793875

Shooters box brand are the eBay ones I got for .22 (that one is rifled but don't know about the others).
Dang it, and here I have work to do this afternoon in my office, I guess that'll have to wait until I peruse that site. I have a 500 and will get that set!!! After work hours of course:cool:

Dang, getting closer. Those look like they do not have rifling. If I can't find something else I'll get one to try out. They are out of stock for a 5 pack of 410/45LC that would make my 460XVR cheap to shoot, that's too bad as I would have reached for my wallet, LOL
Doesn't a 460 already accept 45 LC?

Doesn't a 460 already accept 45 LC?
Yes, but if they made a 460 insert it would only work in a 460. Hence the reason I was interested in the set that works with a 45LC. But to your point, I was interested in a cheap way to shoot a gun and 45LC is a lot of things but cheap is not one of them.

What has your experience been with them? Handy tool or waste of time? How did they work out in practical use or how did they fail spectacularly?
1. Quality of performance is closely related to cost. The cheap, short ones offered on eBay (for instance) mostly in shotgun sizes you can't expect heroic results from. On the other end of the spectrum, there are custom-made, full barrel length sets made for fancy sportsmen with fancy guns in Britain which I'm told are pretty accurate.

2. Handy tool or waste of time? I think large measure novelty for most of us in the US. If you lived in circumstances or restrictive locations where you might only have one gun, they might have more value.

3. Shooting smaller gauge / bore shot shells in a larger bore, that isn't going to go well for reasons previously stated. If economy is the goal, here larger bore shot shells typically cost more than the smaller bores.

4. I have a few. They are pistol cartridges in shot shell inserts. .32 H&R Magnum / .32 ACP in .410 bore; 9mm Para. in 28 ga.; .357 Magnum / .38 Spec. in 20 ga.. I don't think I have one for 12 ga. Oh, I also have one for 9mm Para. in .45 Colt, that's for potential use in a shotgun that shoots .45 Colt or .410. I don't expect to use these often for any practical purpose. I have them for the occasional sake of versatility. If I were carrying one of the shotguns, I might just slip the insert and a few appropriate cartridges into my pocket to take along, just in case. I might need that single projectile shot. I've used a couple of these; in my experience they have useful accuracy out to about 25 to 50 yards but with typical shotgun bead sight, it's not spectacular.

5. The shotgun to pistol cartridge inserts I have I only envision using in single shot arms. Too fiddly with repeaters. But possible.

6. I used to have a few centerfire to centerfire inserts. I had .30-30 Win. to .32 ACP; .30-30 Win. to .32 H&R Magnum; and 7.5x55 Swiss to .32 ACP. The insert for the Swiss was interesting. It used the complete .32 ACP cartridge as the entire forward end of the subbed cartridge. I never used them for any serious purpose and I got bored with them quickly. Some people might get use from them via less discharge report of a smaller cartridge.

7. Some of the less expensive ones sold on eBay now have minimal rifling. For however much good it does.

Interesting. Could make light recoil/noise "plinking" with .32 ACP or .32 H&R in a Winchester 94 a possibility.
Those were good sleeves, I forget who made them. They were Parkerized steel. I'd had them long enough that when I sold them on ebay, they brought decent money.

In the late 1960's-early 1970's there was a merchant who consistently advertised various rifle chamber sleeves in Shotgun News. .22 LR in .223, .30 Carbine in .30-06, et al.

I've probably been incorrectly using the terms "insert" and "sleeve" interchangeably, while technically they are not the same thing. The sleeve is a temporary conversion, the insert is an adapter that installs into the chamber and is designed to stay there. Like the USN conversion insert to convert .30-06 barrels to 7.62mm NATO.

These have been made for decades, maybe back into the 1920's or earlier. I've seen several gun mag articles over the years about them.

Out of curiosity, I went to the Numrich Arms site, they have a number of them for sale including rifle cartridges. The first one shown, .32 ACP in .30 Remington is of the design that the sleeve I had in 7.5x55 Swiss.

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews