JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Yeah people do goofy and unexpected stuff under pressure. Hopefully we are stronger human beings than them and don't crack when the time comes too. I dig that mini scandi you've got.
Off topic, but I had a guy at the gym collapse next to me off of the bench from cardiac arrest and me and another guy did all the right things rather quickly including calling 911, grabbing the AED and administering CPR. Considering the suddenness of everything I think I was rather collected, so I'd like to think I'd be able to perform in a critical situation, but who knows?

The guy didn't make it unfortunately.

I don't carry a fighting knife cuz I don't have the skills to be really good at using it. I'd rather use my edc or even the little NAA mini revolver backup which is smaller, lighter, and more effective at range than a knife would be. I do love to carry an edc knife for other tasks though.

P.S. Friendly reminder of benchmade's mult-year gun destruction program.
AFC92EE0-D604-4CCA-8D44-FC1B35261691.jpeg

Last Edited:
I don't carry a fighting knife cuz I don't have the skills to be really good at using it. I'd rather use my edc or even the little NAA mini revolver backup which is smaller, lighter, and more effective at range than a knife would be. I do love to carry an edc knife for other tasks though.

P.S. Friendly reminder of benchmade's mult-year gun destruction program.
View attachment 1883039
Still makes me sad they chose to do that. I still have a couple of their knives that I have had for decades. After they pulled that little stunt it was the last of my money they will see. Really a shame someone in charge there thought that was a "good look" for the Co. :(

Give it a rest some day. They cut up a few guns that couldn't be released to the wild to help the Oregon City Police Dept, a few times. Social media is stupid, and people love throwing a fit over literal nonsense. It's an Oregon company employing good people building great products, with an outstanding lifesharp and warranty program. When they hired contract security to sit at the front door, they were rude to my dog. Should I stay mad forever? Whining about them is off topic, and miserably annoying.

No, I will not be responding to follow ups regarding this irritating topic.

On topic: TOPS Norseman feels like it could induce a Beserker rage right when you need it. Almost a foot long of 1095, 10.1 ounces, 5.5" cutting edge, tungsten cerakote, AND green and tan canvas micarta? Say less.

IMG_3581.jpeg IMG_3582.jpeg IMG_3583.jpeg

The voices of experience…

View: https://youtu.be/uDGHKyB3T_U?si=SOSpunIowT6-1ipr

View: https://youtu.be/4HkLSYFRf8M?si=efbVH7rKfIWqEf8r

I've never had a Fairbairn-Sykes dagger, but almost 40 years ago I bought a Gerber Guardian II at a vendor's table at the base exchange. Multiple deployments, three continents and a dozen or more countries - it's still my go-to in my emergency/grid down kit.

Another I have ready to go, and find I'm rather fond of, is a SOG Seal Pup. More of a general purpose fixed blade, but then knives really should be multi-taskers in a field or survival situation.

That said, I've been learning a lot about the tomahawk over the past decade and a half as both a fielfcraft and defensive tool. Versatile and deviating if employed properly - but not something to use without technique and practice.

Food for thought.

I'll admit I was angry about Benchmade doing what they did, but anger against them needs to be tempered with reality.
People fill their houses with everything imaginable that comes from companies that donate millions to politicians that are against our beliefs/principles.
But mention Benchmade, (a little place that wouldn't hardly fill a Texas barn,) and everyone turns into a self-righteous zealot.

Perhaps the greatest "Fighting knife" of all time, the Legendary Gerber MK-II, a gift from my Grand Father after Graduation from CSAR School!
I carried and used this blade for many years, while it's an amazing blade, it's single use design makes it kind of hard to justify carrying it, unless and until you actually need it for what it was designed for, then watch out!
1716072439385.png

I'll admit I was angry about Benchmade doing what they did, but anger against them needs to be tempered with reality.
People fill their houses with everything imaginable that comes from companies that donate millions to politicians that are against our beliefs/principles.
But mention Benchmade, (a little place that wouldn't hardly fill a Texas barn,) and everyone turns into a self-righteous zealot.
The sad part is the Co made the choice to do that for reasons I can't begin to fathom. I have to wonder if the PR person there who thought it a good idea was the same one who worked for that Governor of SD. Same kind of advice. Show someone how to literally burn down their name in a quick easy step. :s0092:

Gotta Admit, i'm a sucker for a Really good Bowie, just something about them, how damn useful they are despite the size and weight, I have always found them to be amazing, especially once you find the right design that fits your needs!

1716088919508.png

Upcoming Events

Rifle Mechanics
Sweet Home, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors May 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Handgun Self Defense Fundamentals
Sweet Home, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR