JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Some may remember I've been struggling to reach and/or keep temperature. Kinda sorta thought maybe it was the pellets I was using, either too much moisture or poor quality. The brand was Camp Chef.

I likely will never know for sure. The bag of pellets I'm using now is Traeger brand. I am reaching set temperature quickly, and the temp is staying where I set it. o_O

View attachment 1874830

This bacon is seriously thick. And seriously good.
View attachment 1874831

View attachment 1874832
Meat candy! I'll have to bite the bullet and give Traeger pellets a try again, I'm normally too cheap to spend that $$ on pellets and gravitate towards Bear Mountain or similar.

Meat candy! I'll have to bite the bullet and give Traeger pellets a try again, I'm normally too cheap to spend that $$ on pellets and gravitate towards Bear Mountain or similar.
I've used all sorts of pellets, I don't think they make any difference with taste or temp. My pallet probably isn't refined enough to tell, I'm just simple common folk!

And as before, I believe that they're all the same too. Traeger pellets, no problem. Bear Mountain pellets, no problem. But the one and only time I used these Camp Chef pellets, I could not easily reach temperature, and I had a flame out. Maybe coincidence, maybe not. I will stick to Bear Mountain, as they're far cheaper than Traeger. And since I still have a bag of Camp Chef pellets, I will experiment again.

Tlock thank you for for the info! Best prime rib I've ever done!! Definitely going to do it again. Ash Williams I will try the bags for fry aging this summer.

5E813763-1A31-4034-9C68-38E9ADE7CB85.jpeg

Tlock thank you for for the info! Best prime rib I've ever done!! Definitely going to do it again. Ash Williams I will try the bags for fry aging this summer.

View attachment 1875033
Hit me up via PM before you try them and I can give you some tips. Look into a sous vide cooker to slow cook and finish over natural lump after dry aging your roast in the bag.

I think this is the model we have:

Anova Culinary Sous Vide Precision Cooker 3.0 (WiFi), 1100 Watts https://a.co/d/5lB8zgy

Upcoming Events

Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews