JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Would you guys say Non-GMO, baking-grade organic walnuts by the 2lb bag for our squirrel family out in the yard belongs here?

Not to mention planking the porch railings and hand-feeding them said walnuts while they're up there... dunno what I'm gonna do when something happens to one of our little buddies, I already know I'm gonna be a wreck. I will never understand how God can simultaneously bless us with such remarkable and affectionate creatures with one hand and yet afflict them with so little sand in their hourglasses with the other...
Dude! Life is Short! Let'em have the BiMart Hampton Salted Peanuts!!! That's what I do!!

Our girl is spoiled, even gets pupcakes for her birthday! 🎂

IMG_7202.jpeg IMG_7206.jpeg

1. No BiMart in SeattHELL, 2. We've tried a variety of different nuts and I've gone with what they seem to like best. :)
Been feeding these critters for many decades. They all seem to eat whatever is offered. The LONG used staple is just black oil sunflower seeds. There are a lot of bird feeders made to try to keep the furies out since they will kick the seed out and eat just the sunflower seeds. My "solution" was always just feed only the sunflower then everyone was happy. The stuff that gets spilled on the ground is eaten up so no wast. There is some GREAT video's of guys making obstacle courses in their yard to test the intelligence of the little critters. They seem to normally use things like walnuts and the critters are amazingly good. They learn how to get past any obstacle to get the rewards. They are a ton of damn fun to watch.

We usually use the Pennington bulk-bag sunflower seeds with a little Squirrel Mix added for their main diet in the feeders (you should see how they pave the porch and area under their tree with corn kernels!), peanuts and walnuts for treats in the puzzle boards and when they come socialize.

Wish I could bring 'em with me when the time comes to sell this place...

We usually use the Pennington bulk-bag sunflower seeds with a little Squirrel Mix added for their main diet in the feeders (you should see how they pave the porch and area under their tree with corn kernels!), peanuts and walnuts for treats in the puzzle boards and when they come socialize.

Wish I could bring 'em with me when the time comes to sell this place...
If you are moving to another place where there is some "area" for them you could try to move some of them with you. After set up in the new place put out some food, trap some of the ones you have now, let them go at new place. If they find food there right off the bat good chance they will just settle in there.

If you are moving to another place where there is some "area" for them you could try to move some of them with you. After set up in the new place put out some food, trap some of the ones you have now, let them go at new place. If they find food there right off the bat good chance they will just settle in there.
The rub is, when mom passes I'm buying an RV and long-hauling out of here to Texas or similar, I don't think WA DNR/the fishcops would be cool with it even IF the critters live long enough and would let me. I also highly doubt I could figure out any kind of "squirrel run" to set up when parked that would be both effective containment/protection and give them the room to scamper/scurry/etc they need. And then there's the "new environment" hazards...

Lefty and Mumsey trust me enough to climb all over me in my chair but not enough to pet 'em, and the pups won't let me get within five feet - not to mention the challenge of getting 'em all in one place at once.

The rub is, when mom passes I'm buying an RV and long-hauling out of here to Texas or similar, I don't think WA DNR/the fishcops would be cool with it even IF the critters live long enough and would let me. I also highly doubt I could figure out any kind of "squirrel run" to set up when parked that would be both effective containment/protection and give them the room to scamper/scurry/etc they need. And then there's the "new environment" hazards...

Lefty and Mumsey trust me enough to climb all over me in my chair but not enough to pet 'em, and the pups won't let me get within five feet - not to mention the challenge of getting 'em all in one place at once.
I guess that leaves them where they are then. :(

Our cat has decided he does not like water from his bowl, so we now have to turn on the faucet for him to drink.
Long ago we had a cat like that. He would jump in the tub and call for someone to turn the water on a trickle so he could drink. I have heard this is a natural thing for wild animals, looking for moving water. So they make little powered water dishes now just for this.

Our cat has decided he does not like water from his bowl, so we now have to turn on the faucet for him to drink.
Long ago we had a cat like that. He would jump in the tub and call for someone to turn the water on a trickle so he could drink. I have heard this is a natural thing for wild animals, looking for moving water. So they make little powered water dishes now just for this.
My cat was the same way. She would hop up on the bathroom vanity every time I went to take a pee or dump, and wait for me to turn on the faucet so she could drink. I got so tired it, but she would hardly drink otherwise. Finally got a couple of those powered drinking fountains for cats and put them in different rooms. She loves those things and will drink a half of one (they're 1-gallon capacity) in 2 days. That's about a quart of water/day. I'm pretty sure I don't drink that much water... :s0092:

I put my dog first. I take her to the park 4 sometimes 5 times a day, everyday. She eats what I eat, if We're having burgers I buy or make two, if I'm having teriyaki chicken I buy two. I want no regrets with this one.

1FAE0E6A-983F-415A-8763-039C0DC120C8.jpeg

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA
Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads