JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
When I first started with wet I was going to dry tumble the range dirty brass and then process it and then do a finish in wet.
I just don't like touching dirty brass anymore so I usually do it twice.
I find it very interesting how dirty the water is the second time after sizing and depriming.
It took 1 wet batch to be addicted to clean brass. Do the aestetics of really nice and clean and shiny brass make a difference in the performance of the ammo? I don't know. But I do know I like it and it makes me feel better.
Another vote for wet processing, after the first batch I wondered why it took me so long to try wet. The clean brass and lack of residue while handling during the loading process makes it well worth it.

Range brass has always gone into a dry media Tumblr once it is sorted. Then it either got bagged for sale or put in the brass cabinet for processing then media polished.
Nowadays it gets a wet cleaning after processing because Caveman loves him some shiny trinkets.

AB62E8D2-A9AC-4121-93C4-AA22906651B9.jpeg

I usually wash two loads (about 400 cases each) before changing out to fresh hot water, Dawn and Lemi-shine. My brass is not as shiny as some other peoples', but it works fine.
I have seen videos where Jerry Miculek washes brass in a cement mixer. It would require a large amount of cases, but it would minimize handling and speed up the process.

No loading today, only unloading. My wife wanted to shoot her Springfield SA-35 some more so this time I brought my Rock Island 38 Super along because I haven't shot it in a while. We'd brought a empty chili can along and took turns making it a happy can on the face of a gravel pile.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top