JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Found a great deal on a VEPR 12 missing rear trunnion and buttstock otherwise complete and excellent shape. Is this a not to difficult of a fix or pulling my hair out fix? Like some info before I decide. Thank you!

IMG_6876.jpeg IMG_6879.jpeg IMG_6878.jpeg IMG_6877.jpeg

Looks like Bubba tried to change out the factory stock. Probably didn't like the fixed stock and tried to install an M4 carbine stock. Lol.

Anything VEPR now is expensive. I don't know how other AK trunnions might fit. In any case the fix might erase any savings you'll get. It's too bad because those VEPR-12s run all day and cycle everything.

Are you looking to rebuild using the factory folding rear stock, or switch it to standard AK interface? My limited understanding is that VEPRs were generally made off of RPK receivers and trunions; you may be able to use one for a replacement. Alternatively you may be able to use an AKM rear trunion if you are willing to grind down the side faces a bit to account for the 1.5mm receiver. I have access to a VEPR 12 if you need basic measurements.

Looking at this one, it doesn't look like it has the side cutout for a side folder hook so this was most likely built originally using a standard style AK buttstock.

Looks like Bubba tried to change out the factory stock. Probably didn't like the fixed stock and tried to install an M4 carbine stock. Lol.

Anything VEPR now is expensive. I don't know how other AK trunnions might fit. In any case the fix might erase any savings you'll get. It's too bad because those VEPR-12s run all day and cycle everything.
lol I agree.

I've read these models with fixed stocks where the first configurations to be imported like in picture, which I believe is a basic AK stock. Honestly I would prefer to put a fixed stock back on similar to how it was originally.

IMG_6883.png

Are you looking to rebuild using the factory folding rear stock, or switch it to standard AK interface? My limited understanding is that VEPRs were generally made off of RPK receivers and trunions; you may be able to use one for a replacement. Alternatively you may be able to use an AKM rear trunion if you are willing to grind down the side faces a bit to account for the 1.5mm receiver. I have access to a VEPR 12 if you need basic measurements.

Looking at this one, it doesn't look like it has the side cutout for a side folder hook so this was most likely built originally using a standard style AK buttstock.
Yeah that is odd. Thats just a standard stock trunnion. Someone wanted that club stock pretty bad.

I decided to go ahead and get it. Pretty sure this uses a standard fixed AK Trunnion. Plus it looks brand new and I got it for less than a used Glock 19 costs. 🥹🤌👌

I'm thinking something similar to these is what I'm looking for to run something like the original fixed stock.

View attachment 1798675 View attachment 1798676
Standard AK trunnions will likely not fit without modification since a standard AK receiver is stamped from 1mm sheet steel whereas the VEPRS use the thicker 1.5mm sheet receivers common on RPKs. With that being said, if you grind off a half millimeter from both side faces, it should work.

Decided to use a RPK trunnion if I can find one. If anyone has or knows where I might find one please don't hesitate to reach out

There is a guy on the AK files making reproductions. Hes a bit difficult to deal with and youll have to do the research yourself but he puts them out from time to time

Found a great deal on a VEPR 12 missing rear trunnion and buttstock otherwise complete and excellent shape. Is this a not to difficult of a fix or pulling my hair out fix? Like some info before I decide. Thank you!

View attachment 1797982 View attachment 1797983 View attachment 1797984 View attachment 1797985
No clue on that stuff but I kinda like the Vepyr thumbhole stocks. Pain in the butt though to cut them to fit standard AK.

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews