JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions

In a last-ditch effort to rescue the northern spotted owl from oblivion and protect the California spotted owl population, the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service has proposed culling a staggering number of barred owls across a swath of 11 million to 14 million acres in Washington, Oregon and Northern California, where barred owls — which the agency regards as invasive — are encroaching. The lethal management plan calls for eradicating up to 500,000 barred owls over the next 30 years, or 30% of the population over that time frame. The owls would be dispatched using the cheapest and most efficient methods, from large-bore shotguns with night scopes to capture and euthanasia.

Tried to find a photo of the "walls of owls" from the outer range Amazon series but couldn't find it. Dang that is a good show. Symbolism everywhere. Creative. Outstanding acting. Compared to most series that are a mile wide and an inch deep it's an inch wide and a mile deep. Owls symbols of wisdom. Killed by the ego man. They all had names including one of his kids names.

Tried to find a photo of the "walls of owls" from the outer range Amazon series but couldn't find it. Dang that is a good show. Symbolism everywhere. Creative. Outstanding acting. Compared to most series that are a mile wide and an inch deep it's an inch wide and a mile deep. Owls symbols of wisdom. Killed by the ego man. They all had names including one of his kids names.
-
wall of owls(1).png
-

The first time I saw that part of the show I was just like "weird", especially when they spent a lot of camera time on it. Then the next time I saw it I remembered this painting by Goya "the sleep of reason produces monsters". So then I was thinking they were kind of saying "the death of reason producers monsters". But then again it could be just some weird sheet... :s0112:

8705B756-E2C4-4E9F-AB68-FEB612D0E9BD.jpeg
Many things show up against and again. And some at the most critical stages for the characters, Fe:
0AC5DB21-7A7F-47BF-B404-C0A4116F2534.jpeg

Last Edited:
I agree about the show. It was quite interesting. It's a shame they just sort of let it fizzle out (only one season?) unless it was meant to be a mini series but from how it ended it felt like it could have gone on a little more. Spoke too soon. Looks like the second season comes out May 16.

I agree about the show. It was quite interesting. It's a shame they just sort of let it fizzle out (only one season?) unless it was meant to be a mini series but from how it ended it felt like it could have gone on a little more. Spoke too soon. Looks like the second season comes out May 16.
I also heard the new season starts this may 16. Man I hope it's similar to the first and they don't dumb it down. So interesting and symbolism everywhere. Even the names like royal abbot (Ie royal = absolute authority or hereditary authority abbot = head of the monks or whatever) and autumn rivers (autumn could be "fall" as in the fall/Adam and Eve or could be season things become mature, River has tons of meanings but I'm thinking maybe timeless flow). Their initials are RA\AR as in mirror images of each other. And on and on it goes....

I heard the new season starts this may 16. Man I hope it's similar to the first and they don't dumb it down. So interesting and symbolism everywhere. Even the names like royal abbot (Ie royal = absolute authority or hereditary authority abbot = head of the monks or whatever) and autumn rivers (autumn could be "fall" as in the fall/Adam and Eve or could be season things become mature, River has tons of meanings but I'm thinking maybe timeless flow). Their initials are RA\AR as in mirror images of each other. And on and on it goes....
I agree. It had some real effort put into it. I also like Josh as an actor.
I'll have to rewatch it for the symbolism this next run through! My fiancé had half her finger ripped off on Sunday (healing now) so we have lots of downtime in the evenings from now on, I think I'll have us rewatch that series to see what you are talking about.

When I had watched it, it was all just literal to me. I was more after the raw story, but this next viewing I'll look out for the symbolism you are talking about.

Wait till the 'culling' of the invasive bullfrogs in Oregon becomes en vogue with all the Earth Muffins and starts to get media attention.

I met a gal in La Pine a while back who was describing what she was doing to help eliminate the bullfrogs, and was working on plans to create some sort of all out bullfrog elimination plan.

She described bullfrogs as dangerous creatures, capable of potentially destroying all water life, and possibly dryland wildlife as well, and maybe even all of humanity !

I agree. It had some real effort put into it. I also like Josh as an actor.
I'll have to rewatch it for the symbolism this next run through! My fiancé had half her finger ripped off on Sunday (healing now) so we have lots of downtime in the evenings from now on, I think I'll have us rewatch that series to see what you are talking about.

When I had watched it, it was all just literal to me. I was more after the raw story, but this next viewing I'll look out for the symbolism you are talking about.
For me every time something seems weird such as the buffalo with two arrows in it (one of which Royal pulled out, and one Autumn pulled out) or the incomplete "A" in a circle is something they put there for a reason, for viewers to figure out. Maybe an incomplete pentagram? Whole thing was just really well done Imo.

Also I think the whole thing originated with the "mel's hole" phenomenon (a hoax created by Mel) in the manashtash area of Ellendsburg WA. I know Jack Powell the geologist who works for DNR and is an absolute expert in that area. He knows of an old mine shaft in that area and it was fairly common on the old days to have those shafts that were dug then quickly abandoned about the time the mini gold rush was on in cashmere/Leavenworth area. Mel was a cook who cooked up supernatural reasons for the hole and of course some people believed it and ot got some press. Anyway if you google Mel's hole you'll get a lot of results from people trying to "re-sell" an old legend.

Last Edited:
Wait till the 'culling' of the invasive bullfrogs in Oregon becomes en vogue with all the Earth Muffins and starts to get media attention.

I met a gal in La Pine a while back who was describing what she was doing to help eliminate the bullfrogs, and was working on plans to create some sort of all out bullfrog elimination plan.

She described bullfrogs as dangerous creatures, capable of potentially destroying all water life, and possibly dryland wildlife as well, and maybe even all of humanity !

I wouldn't say the bullfrogs are a threat to humanity but in places they are totally wiping out native species of frogs and other aquatic life. The invasive bullfrogs are so big that they even eat ducklings, no kidding.

Sounds like a 'shroomer. Psilocybins are a blast until you have to factor in reality.

Upcoming Events

Rifle Mechanics
Sweet Home, OR
Handgun Self Defense Fundamentals
Sweet Home, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top