JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Well I broke down and ordered the Witt machine can. $245 after code "FJB" was just too good to pass up. Since my others were so little time consuming I guess I can live with going to ffl for this one can. Due to the small size I consider it a "take the edge off" can. Might be good for my 10.5" brn-180 in .223 or 12.5" .308 pistol, although i kind of like the big blast from the .308. It's all @TTSX 's fault for egging me on! :p :s0112:

Last Edited:
Its hard to find Witt machine db #s. Mr gunsngear showed one of their small cans reducing 5.56 from 166ish to 144ish db which equates to a 75%ish reduction in perceived noise. Not same can but similar size and also monocore like the dirty 30 etc small cans.

10.5" 300BLK subs went from 160ish to 141ish. 10.5" 300BLK Supers went from 165 to 141ish.

So those #s are close to hearing safe. For me I'll be wearing my peltors when shooting with this can but for a home defense gun such as short barreled 5.56 or 300Blk this should be a big improvement over no can I would think.

View: https://youtu.be/kbKUbWPE-sI?si=mMfg039sThz9cjFN

Last Edited:
Its hard to find Witt machine db #s. Mr gunsngear showed one of their small cans reducing 5.56 from 166ish to 144ish db which equates to a 75%ish reduction in perceived noise. Not same can but similar size and also monocore like the dirty 30 etc small cans.

10.5" 300BLK subs went from 160ish to 141ish. 10.5" 300BLK Supers went from 165 to 141ish.

So those #s are close to hearing safe. For me I'll be wearing my peltors when shooting with this can but for a home defense gun such as short barreled 5.56 or 300Blk this should be a big improvement over no can I would think.

View: https://youtu.be/kbKUbWPE-sI?si=mMfg039sThz9cjFN
My rex silentium MGX with 3 baffles in .308 is nowhere near hearing safe. I'd imagine the Witt machine is similarly loud but it does take that edge off which is nice

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top