JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Curious to know if anyone has a recommendation for a high quality satchel (shoulder slung hip bag) that has a carry compartment.
I've found a few out there but they tend to look overly "tactical" and I'm looking for something a little more discreet. This would mainly be used for summer camping and walking through the woods. I'd like to be able to store a small med kit and sustenance for a day-trip as well. Thanks for any ideas.

This is not a shoulder slung accessory as indicated, but you may find it interesting to look at Hill People Gear. I learned of these from an earlier thread on this forum. I have ordered the kit bag and should have it soon. I have zero experience with these but they have great reviews. FYI

Lots of choices out there from a "possibles bag" to a computer bag. I've got a couple I used when I went back to college to carry books and what not between classes.

Curious to know if anyone has a recommendation for a high quality satchel (shoulder slung hip bag) that has a carry compartment.
I've found a few out there but they tend to look overly "tactical" and I'm looking for something a little more discreet. This would mainly be used for summer camping and walking through the woods. I'd like to be able to store a small med kit and sustenance for a day-trip as well. Thanks for any ideas.
I quite like my maxpedition versipack and is quite reasonably priced, IMHO. It comes in 3 sizes and each has a quick access carry compartment. Basically velcro lined for attachments (holster, mags, etc). I use the "jumbo" and it's quite adequate for day/overnight warm weather minimalist camping. The "Mongo" is it's bigger brother.

I'm looking for something a little more discreet.
Look no further. Not sure you could get any less "tactical".

Unfortunately the cat isn't included... 😥.

20240309_213352.jpg

What type / size of firearm are you looking to carry in it? If a pistol, lots of great options out there. If a PDW / braced pistol / SBR, that narrows the field a bit.

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews