JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I established a while ago that the furthest I personally can shoot accurately using my AK with red dot is 150 yards. I can ring a steel plate consistently at that range when shooting from a rest. But anything beyond 150 yards with the AK is just wasting ammo for me. Recently I finally bought my first AR and I put a red dot on it. Due to better accuracy from the AR and the flatter trajectory of the 5.56 I find that can hit a steel plate consistently at 200 yards when shooting from a rest. Just did this for the first time today. This is probably not news to most of the experienced shooters on this forum but I think this is pretty impressive. An extra 50 yards distance compared to the AK and with no magnification! I was thinking about scoping the AR but I don't think I need to. 200 yards is pretty far; even 150 yards is out there for non-military purposes, in my opinion. I still love my AK, but I'm also pleased with my new AR. It was really nice weather today, too! Just saying.

I shoot both and routinely hit steel at 200 with my AK at 200 with a red dot. I turn down the brightness a tad. I would question your optic being zero if you can with an AR and not the AK. 200 yards is not very far for an x39 AK, what size steel you shooting at 200 yards?

I appreciate the feedback, Porter. My target is roughly 10 inches wide by 11 inches tall. It's not a square, it's the Raven target from Warrior Poet Society. I'm shooting Tula 122 grain steel case ammo most of the time. Rarely do I get a hit at 200 with my AK, so I've stopped trying at that distance.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top