JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
How bout this one, Mike. My brother, Mike, made this one. Since I bought the 2nd 30-40 Krag from him, he made this saddle scabbard for the one with the scope on it.

Funny story... My dad owned the first 30-40 Krag, no scope and original cadet model, and I bought it from him for $50 bucks. A few years later, when I was out chasing girls and partying all night instead of hunting, I sold that 30-40 to my brother Mike for 50 bucks. Forty years later my brother asks if I'd like to buy back that old 30-40. I asked how much? He said "50 bucks". Done deal! Plus I bought his other 30-40, with a scope and refinished stock, for $75 (he threw in the scabbard that he hand made). The owl is the brand of our ranch in K Falls.

View attachment 1873913 View attachment 1873911 View attachment 1873914 View attachment 1873918

PS: The painting of the old man was done by my dad. View attachment 1873916
This is a gorgeous piece of leather craft. I only make smaller things. This is very time consuming and unfortunately, it is hard to sell for decent amount. I did make few buttstock jackets. Those are quick to make.

This is a gorgeous piece of leather craft. I only make smaller things. This is very time consuming and unfortunately, it is hard to sell for decent amount. I did make few buttstock jackets. Those are quick to make.
I know what you mean about time consuming and hard to sell. I've made many hand crafted leather goods and simply gave them to friends and family. Didn't bother trying to make any money at it, cause it's not a very lucrative business (unless you go big and invest a lot). But it sure is satisfying! Each piece I made involved deep thoughts about the person I was making it for and that made it so much more worth it. But now I got all these tools, lots of raw leather and no time to dabble any more. Perhaps one day!

I know what you mean about time consuming and hard to sell. I've made many hand crafted leather goods and simply gave them to friends and family. Didn't bother trying to make any money at it, cause it's not a very lucrative business (unless you go big and invest a lot). But it sure is satisfying! Each piece I made involved deep thoughts about the person I was making it for and that made it so much more worth it. But now I got all these tools, lots of raw leather and no time to dabble any more. Perhaps one day!I sell
I sell few pieces to recover some money that I spent on this hobby. I give my wallets and some other pieces as birthday and Christmas gifts. I get periods that I get hooked and keep doing leather work every day few hours. Then I get tired of it and then do not do it for few months. Usually, someone who purchased my wallet asks me if I could make another one, and then I do it and get hooked again. It is like a pendulum.

I sell few pieces to recover some money that I spent on this hobby. I give my wallets and some other pieces as birthday and Christmas gifts. I get periods that I get hooked and keep doing leather work every day few hours. Then I get tired of it and then do not do it for few months. Usually, someone who purchased my wallet asks me if I could make another one, and then I do it and get hooked again. It is like a pendulum.
Yup. That's the way it goes. You do good work and I hope you have fun at it. I'm sure I'll get back into it one day, but for now I have too much on my plate.

Enjoy!

Bill

Made from 70 yr+ black walnut tree .

IMG_20240502_140137385~2.jpg IMG_20240502_140434152~2.jpg

How bout this one, Mike. My brother, Mike, made this one. Since I bought the 2nd 30-40 Krag from him, he made this saddle scabbard for the one with the scope on it.

Funny story... My dad owned the first 30-40 Krag, no scope and original cadet model, and I bought it from him for $50 bucks. A few years later, when I was out chasing girls and partying all night instead of hunting, I sold that 30-40 to my brother Mike for 50 bucks. Forty years later my brother asks if I'd like to buy back that old 30-40. I asked how much? He said "50 bucks". Done deal! Plus I bought his other 30-40, with a scope and refinished stock, for $75 (he threw in the scabbard that he hand made). The owl is the brand of our ranch in K Falls.

View attachment 1873913 View attachment 1873911 View attachment 1873914 View attachment 1873918

PS: The painting of the old man was done by my dad. View attachment 1873916
Your brother does some very nice work. :s0155:

Converted the sliding door closet into some built ins, converted old master bath into wifes walk in closet, swapped non egress window into lower double casing setup.
And added the small windows for some more light.

aaa1.jpg aaa3.jpg aaa2.jpg

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top