JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I see a few threads like this but not recently. For an Oregon CPL, one must take a safety course and apply to a sheriffs office. Non-residents must provide a good cause letter as well. This is the end to what I know. Is there any restrictions on what county to apply to? I few threads mentioned Grant County but that might have changed. Any advice on the good cause letter? I have immediate family in Portland that I visit often so I was going to just put that. Thanks!

Grant County is a solid bet to get it, that's where I got mine. Use the @Sporting Systems site to complete your training, that should suffice. Reason can be that you visit family. Sherrif Pixley seemed pretty pro 2A when I got mine.

Oregon concealed carry classes are readily available. Take one and apply. Typically, you apply to the Oregon county closest to you. The application contains a brief portion for you to explain why you want a CCL. Your answer can be brief. I applied in Multnomah County. No issues receiving my Oregon CCL. In fact I got it a lot faster than I did my Washington CPL.
Since I live rural my agency was the Clark County Sheriff's Office.

Multnomah County is where you'll likely have to apply. Go to the sheriffs website and set up an appointment, then find an Oregon CPL class and get it completed while you wait fore your appointment date.

Our online class does NOT meet Oregon CPL requirements, it is only written for HB-1143/i-1639 compliance.

Multnomah County is where you'll likely have to apply. Go to the sheriffs website and set up an appointment, then find an Oregon CPL class and get it completed while you wait fore your appointment date.

Our online class does NOT meet Oregon CPL requirements, it is only written for HB-1143/i-1639 compliance.
First off, to get a non-resdent Oregon CCP you have to live in a border County of the adjoining state. Woodland is partly in Clark County but mostly in Cowlitz County which does not share a border with Oregon.

The online gun safety classes will not qualify in Oregon but there readily available in both OR and WA. Many of them will also qualify you for the Utah CCP which is good to have. I can recommend Sean Curtain (Google him) based on my personal experience. There are others equally qualified.

Personally, I'd recommend that you apply for the OR non-resident license in Washington County if you visit there for business or pleasure. The County is well-run and quick to process the paperwork which you can download from their website prior to the interview.

First off, to get a non-resdent Oregon CCP you have to live in a border County of the adjoining state. Woodland is partly in Clark County but mostly in Cowlitz County which does not share a border with Oregon.

The online gun safety classes will not qualify in Oregon but there readily available in both OR and WA. Many of them will also qualify you for the Utah CCP which is good to have. I can recommend Sean Curtain (Google him) based on my personal experience. There are others equally qualified.

Personally, I'd recommend that you apply for the OR non-resident license in Washington County if you visit there for business or pleasure. The County is well-run and quick to process the paperwork which you can download from their website prior to the interview.
Border state, not county. Generally you should file with the contiguous Oregon county, Cowlitz = Columbia County. Skamania = Hood River County. Clark = Multnomah. Any non-contiguous county WA resident the default to file is in Multnomah County, although other county sheriffs MAY grant the residency waiver IF you have a compelling interesting in THAT county. Hood River County will only issue to Skamania county residents, regardless of compelling reason. Recently denied my wife's renewal, who lived in HR for 35 years

This is from the Multnomah County sheriffs office, they ONLY process non resident to WA residents. https://chlprep.mcso.us/chlprep/FAQ.aspx

The Oregon State Sheriffs Association has this posted and has their CHL class online for $60. https://oregonchl.org/
"Out of State CHL? - Oregon law allows for non-residents to obtain a CHL at the sheriffs discretion. The access to an out-of-state CHL varies by county. Visit your local county sheriff's office website for details."

You can try other counties, Multnomah takes all folks from any Washington state resident. They done mine for 30 plus years without incident or delay.

Thanks for the info. I was away visiting family and didn't remember my password to login to NWFA on mobile. It is a bit confusing having with Woodland being split, but I live in the Clark CO side of Woodland, so Multnomah would be the "closest". Although nothing over I-5 is close. Bought too much ammo, so I guess the $60 to purchase the certificate is gonna have to wait until payday.

Multnomah Is where I got mine. Live in lower Clark County. Easy to get, easy to renew.

Reason I put on my application 'I travel back and forth over the 2 interstate bridges for work and personal errands'.

That's all it took.

Upcoming Events

Rifle Mechanics
Sweet Home, OR
Handgun Self Defense Fundamentals
Sweet Home, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads