JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.

Will you be there? Sat April 12th, 9:00 Am to 6:00 PM. Please post, in thread, # guests with you.

• Total voters
Yes a great time had until the cop showed up:D they always have to ruin things.....

Nice to meet everyone and yes lets do this again sometime.

I think we all felt that the berm we were shooting into was at least 15 feet above the targets, to the horizon. One target, way in the distance, was certainly less than that, but still about +/- five feet of berm above. The officer felt none of it was a berm. I think we may need clarification of the definition of a berm.

Still, when the officer says Cease Fire and no more, ya gotta go with the guy behind the badge. Everyone was polite and all was well. We were surprised and a little disappointed. He was a nice guy and once he talked with our DNR rep, he understood the situation. NO TICKETS!

Bill

Yes he was nice about it. And yes the targets were fine where they were at. You could see dirt fly up behind them. Where were the projectiles going???? into the ground:)

IMG_0001.JPG IMG_0002.JPG IMG_0006.JPG IMG_9961.JPG IMG_9963.JPG IMG_9964.JPG IMG_9965.JPG IMG_9966.JPG IMG_9967.JPG IMG_9968.JPG

IMG_0001.JPG

IMG_0002.JPG

IMG_0006.JPG

IMG_9961.JPG

IMG_9963.JPG

IMG_9964.JPG

IMG_9965.JPG

IMG_9966.JPG

IMG_9967.JPG

IMG_9968.JPG

It was a good time. Thanks for setting this up. My girls had a great time. One of my daughters said that people should treat these areas like their guns. You have to take care of them so they stay in good shape.

That is a shame about the fuzz showing up. Was it just that front area off limits to shooting, had the shooting been down around the bend would it have been more acceptable?

That is a shame about the fuzz showing up. Was it just that front area off limits to shooting, had the shooting been down around the bend would it have been more acceptable?

Yes, just that first site. He also said most all the sites on the right side were not safe. So, we disagree and move on. Others are still going to shoot there. All the time.

Love your daughter's comment! She's right!

Not to beat a dead horse, but funny how you can see many of the clean up crew setting up targets, getting ready to shoot obviously, and you can see Steve from DNR is still there and he said nothing to us indicating we could not shoot there. Makes me wonder about the rules and how they seem to be more subjective than objective. Lots of officer discretion it appears....

I can't tell you how much I appreciate Bill (@Cogs) for setting this up for us. Overall, I'd say this was a great success. Meeting people during events like this really is my greatest motivation to make this site great.

Really looking forward to expanding our relationship with DNR and other government organizations. Without representation and getting involved we're sure to lose what precious outdoor locations we have left.

Thank you to everyone who came out :)

Not to beat a dead horse, but funny how you can see many of the clean up crew setting up targets, getting ready to shoot obviously, and you can see Steve from DNR is still there and he said nothing to us indicating we could not shoot there. Makes me wonder about the rules and how they seem to be more subjective than objective. Lots of officer discretion it appears....
Yes, he was well aware that we were setting up the targets. Like Bill mentioned there seems to be some confusion as to what qualifies as an earthen berm (or whatever it says in the rules). With the direction we were shooting there clearly was plenty of earth behind it with the exception of the farthest target and even that had plenty unless the sites were way off on the rifle used. (125 yards or so and you would need to be shooting several feet high to go over it)

"(ii) Areas with an unobstructed, earthen backstop capable of stopping all projectiles and debris in a safe manner."

Last Edited:
I can't tell you how much I appreciate Bill (@Cogs) for setting this up for us. Overall, I'd say this was a great success. Meeting people during events like this really is my greatest motivation to make this site great.

Really looking forward to expanding our relationship with DNR and other government organizations. Without representation and getting involved we're sure to lose what precious outdoor locations we have left.

Thank you to everyone who came out :)

Thanks, Joe. My pleasure.

It may not have been what it was without the help of @GunRightsCoalition (Rick) who came on board immediately and began offering promotional help. He stuck with this all the way through and had around 30 people signed up in the Yes column just from his contacts and the Facebook page. A BIG 'OL HAIRY THANKS to GunRightsCoalition!

I found out that several folks, from the FB page, got lost on the Mountain and couldn't find us. Hats off to them as they had true hearts and made a positive effort. Sorry they were confused about the location.

Bill

Last Edited:
Thanks for the kind words. I really see it as a team effort though. Each of us adds what we can and the result is a multiple of the efforts. For this it was a no brainer. Bill had a great idea that anyone that cares about the community could get behind. I just plugged that into the local network of people I've built up that care about gun rights. A perfect combination.

Rick

I think we should start planning the next one so we can have something to look forward to. Meet and greets at a pub are fun and all but during the nice weather, i say we try to plan another clean up party to solidify our newly acquired DNR relationship and make sure this wasn't just a one time thing. I am impressed with the turnout for such short notice and not everyone was able to find us even. A little more time for planning and i am thinking this could turn into a huge successful event. :)

I think we should start planning the next one so we can have something to look forward to. Meet and greets at a pub are fun and all but during the nice weather, i say we try to plan another clean up party to solidify our newly acquired DNR relationship and make sure this wasn't just a one time thing. I am impressed with the turnout for such short notice and not everyone was able to find us even. A little more time for planning and i am thinking this could turn into a huge successful event. :)
Already in the works. :)

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads