JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I am a big fan of the guy in the above video but when he posted, I disagreed with that. Yeah, no doubt I have bias. Police were coming to talk with him regardless, best to try to get ahead of it and Glover did. Now Glover screwed himself on the jail phone. Who here has attended Ayoobs LFI class? I have. Is that what Ayoobs says? Great class btw.
I also disagree where in the video he talks about police are there to look for evidence. Never did I answer a DV call with a priority of looking for evidence. I am trying to figure out what happened. If you tell me I am not saying anything without a lawyer, guess what, I am going to take what the other party says.
Do police always get it right? Nope, we are human but I got it right more than I got it wrong. I remember where a husband stated wifey hit him. Wife says nope a complete lie that he hit her. Now what do I do? No marks on anyone I can see but someone is going to jail. I go speak to the 6yr old and she tells me mommy hit daddy. She went to jail.
You'll do what you want but if you get involved in a shooting or 911 is called on a domestic, you really aren't doing yourself a favor by shutting up. Of course I assume TX policing is different than OR or WA policing so all my experience is TX based.
Firstly, thank you for your LEO service. I would normally agree with your premise were it 5+ years ago... today in OR and WA... nope... the DA, Mayor's and AG's have become crooked and are directing a whole new approach... they are anti gun, they are looking for anything under the sun to disenfranchise gun owners and Dearm them. Dont know what all took place woth Mike at the house.. crazy happens, tempers flare stupid bubblegum is said and done... that'll shake out in the wash... I stand by bringing a lawyer to the conversation... even if you gotta cool your heels in the can til your lawyer arrives... Mike didn't and is still in jail then it appears he hummed the bunny colluding on the phone... more time in the can... lawyer up and don't get caught up in the thing that has become anything to incriminate works. Clam up... it can't hurt but what you say can screw you if you're not very very careful.... don't resist the urge to shut mouth... youve a right to say what you want and you've the more important right to remain silent... timing is a lot. Play safe, invoke and get a mouthpiece.

Last Edited:
I'm just going to toss this out there, you guys can read between the lines as to any agenda or not, BUT,..........

Over the last few years, several high profile vets, those who have a public personality or u-tube presence have been arrested and charged with things like this latest involving Mike Glover. Now, I'm not saying anything one way or another, only to point out that several top shelf tier 1 dudes have been "Taken Out" so to speak, so this could be nefarious or it could simply be coincidence, but the fact remains, I leave that up to you to sort out,................BUT!

I have met Mike Glover in person, seemed to be a decent dude, my impressions of the man were that he is a decent stand up, do the right thing kind of guy, no drama, no attitude, just a normal guy! Now, I don't know him all that well, so I cannot speak to any sort of personal life of his, but I have serious questions as to the specifics of this, especially given where he lives, and the quality of the LEO, and more importantly, the D.A. in that area!
💯

What is "D.V."? Where I grew up it is shorthand for "Deo Volente"- Latin for "God Willing"... In the interests of politeness and indeed, clarity" one should spell out the meaning of whatever "shorthand" or slang term one is using...
Domestic Violence.

Fun fact.. in the U.S.A. one normally looses their 2A (Second Amendment rights) for a felony conviction with one very important exception. A misdemeanor conviction (no contest included) for domestic violence carries the gravity of a felony conviction and your 2A are gone.

If one of the parties asks for a lawyer, they're the one going to jail? I'm not OK with that.
Maybe, maybe not. You don't need a lawyer when I arrive onscene. You need a lawyer after I arrest you. If I get there and don't know what occurred, how are you helping yourself by either stating you want a lawyer or not saying anything at all? I start thinking why does this guy want a lawyer? You can advise police what occurred without incriminating yourself, well most can and did unless you know, you actually did beat your wife and then yeah, you should probably STFU when I handcuff you and take you to jail.
It's the same as a shooting. I might be able to tell the the guy shot was a POS criminal but it sure helps your cause when you tell me he tried to rob you, if that is the truff.
Again, I think some of you'll need to take a Ayoob's class.

Maybe, maybe not. You don't need a lawyer when I arrive onscene. You need a lawyer after I arrest you. If I get there and don't know what occurred, how are you helping yourself by either stating you want a lawyer or not saying anything at all. I start thinking why does this guy want a lawyer? You can advise police what occurred without incriminating yourself, will most can and did unless you know you actually did beat your wife and then yeah, you should probably STFU when I handcuff you and take you to jail.
It's the same as a shooting. I might be able to tell the the guy shot was a POS criminal but it sure helps your cause when you tell me he tried to rob you, if that is the truff.
Again, I think some you'll need to take a Ayoob's class.
I'm familiar with Ayoob's advice in that area. I personally would give a short, direct but complete accounting of what happened, but under certain circumstances, I might refuse to make any further statements. After all, it's responsible to assume everything you say will be used against you. I'm not sure why someone (assuming they're innocent) might want to clam up right away, but I'm sure there might be such a situation. Guess that'll be a tough day for that someone.

Maybe, maybe not. You don't need a lawyer when I arrive onscene. You need a lawyer after I arrest you. If I get there and don't know what occurred, how are you helping yourself by either stating you want a lawyer or not saying anything at all? I start thinking why does this guy want a lawyer? You can advise police what occurred without incriminating yourself, well most can and did unless you know, you actually did beat your wife and then yeah, you should probably STFU when I handcuff you and take you to jail.
Unfortunately, the legal/political world have merged in a lot of municipalities... the power has turned in and you're left with no recourse but to lawyer up.. better that than get yourself laced up further.

If an officer (were I in the predicament) askes me questions that I feel are probing... im asking if I'm being detained? If it brings suspicion that I want to be represented in order to survive a legal machine... be suspicious.. its where we are. Its a judgment call.

Mike talked... Mike went to jail and perhaps he kept digging by the looks of things... ill await that outcome and take the shut mouth lesson.

I imagine that you are or were a very good law enforcement officer and I thank you for your service, but your comments seem like questionable legal advise that I doubt many lawyers would agree with...
The primary reason of having a lawyer prior to making any comment to law enforcement is to avoid self incrimination. If a person makes any comment that can be used against them later, then that opportunity has been squandered...
Hence, most attorneys suggest waiting for counsel to be present before commenting to police if you are in any sort of legal jeopardy...

You stated; "If I get there and don't know what occurred, how are you helping yourself by either stating you want a lawyer or not saying anything at all? I start thinking why does this guy want a lawyer?".

Not commenting and requesting legal advise are Constitutional Rights guaranteed to every American. It is a problem and a big red flag when a law enforcement officer is bothered by an American Citizen simply requesting their Constitutional Rights be honored.

Not commenting and requesting legal advise are Constitutional Rights guaranteed to every American. It is a problem and a big red flag when a law enforcement officer is bothered by an American Citizen simply requesting their Constitutional Rights be honored.
Indeed they are. I am not so much bothered by it (I left in 09 after 21 years) as I am just trying to be helpful and realistic. Do what you want to do, it's no skin off my nose. The reason I mention Ayoobs is because 1. He has been an expert witness in hundreds of cases 2. I took his class and 3. He helped defend a fellow officer on our dept. When he was charged with murder in an OIS.

If you refuse to talk when I arrive onscene, you also miss the opportunity to explain why you did what you did or didn't do. Again, that can be done without incriminating yourself (of you are innocent). Again, if you did beat your wife or committed a felony, yeah remaining silent is an excellent legal strategy.

Upcoming Events

Rifle Mechanics
Sweet Home, OR
Handgun Self Defense Fundamentals
Sweet Home, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top