JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
exact and specific pile of wood
No, it's pretty clear what it says.
Screenshot_20240503_101902.jpg

View attachment 1874718

I suppose here we are also talking about an exact and specific pile of wood, and not a commodity good that is fungible throughout time. I mean, they are the exact same picture right?

Commodity comparisons are generic, not specific. Contemporary to contemporary, not contemporary to antique.

Silly argument is silly.
I think arguing flawed logic is more damaging than acceptance and admission.
Screenshot_20240503_102254.jpg

No, it's pretty clear what it says.
View attachment 1874721
Your comment was not about the home, it was about the gun.

It shows the same gun in both pictures
The generic home equivalent is the dollar figures. 1 pile of wood = x dollars. 10 guns equals 1 home. You said the gun should be taken as a specific, not a commodity since it was "the same in both pictures". I find that an absurd assertion to make given the context and posted another example that shows such comparisons are clearly about commodity, not specifics.

Your comment was not about the home, it was about the gun.

The generic home equivalent is the dollar figures. 1 pile of wood = x dollars. 10 guns equals 1 home. You said the gun should be taken as a specific, not a commodity since it was "the same in both pictures". I find that an absurd assertion to make given the context and posted another example that shows such comparisons are clearly about commodity, not specifics.
No, my comment is about the exact interpretation of a meme.

I think arguing flawed logic is more damaging than acceptance and admission.
View attachment 1874724
look, all I was doing was pointing you the meme was off by an order of magnitude on account of having just bought one of the damn things. It was a simple comment that is still correct. The meme is off by an order of magnitude if taken at face value, and the only way to make the meme correct is to subvert expectations of commodity comparisons and substitute in antique, fully papered pricing in lieu of current production or even dealer sample pricing.

It's not the gun that costs that much, it's the paperwork. If you want to play the splitting hairs game on meme criticism, I don't see no paperwork in that photo.

Upcoming Events

Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top