JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Greetings Everyone,
I recently acquired a HxWrks suppressor and after providing some data for the MDRx 308 Characterization Report (for r/Desert Tech) I thought I would try my hand again with a 308 conversion kit.

If your interested in a Range Report with the 223 Wylde, FrozenIceman already has a thread on one at ar15.com MDRX 556 Range Report for his 10 shot groups.

I am aware that running a supressor onna rifle does make the accuracy results harder to repeat for most folks and pushes this already expensive (soon to be forgotten weapon) into a category that requires an NFA device to replicate my results...Which is why I did my original tests (some in the Characterization report and at the MDRInfo Gallery) with a muzzle brake...Also hoping DT would do something about it...

So this year they did..Desert Tech has acknowledged a Barrel Harmonics issue in the MDRX. Most Likely referring to the Fullpower 308 amd 6.5 creedmore rifles and not the intermediate set ups(Those all shoot well, they just heavy for caliber).
I figure this may be why the Barrel Block, Feedramp, Piston and Oprod connections were altered in the Wlvrn released at shot show this year.

This is probably why I can have 1 round (usually from bolt release) grow the group to 2.5moa but have 4 rounds inside 0.75moa when doing my 5 shot groups at that time.
Happened a few times with 168gr Fed GmmK and even a reloading recipe I was testing next to the Keltec RFB.
I imagine this may have also been the reason for WILD changes in POI when changing match ammo (typically 168gr) types .
1 change was a 4 inch Windage change which effectively put that group off paper unless I was aiming at the 10 ring
(My aiming points are the 10 ring then and of the #7s on the target..More opportunities to group but sometimes is a messy targert)..

20240226_204737.jpg
--Rifle--
MDRx 2020
DT Reflex Handguard
OEM 308 MDR FE Barrel W/MDRX Gen 3 gasblock and adjuster updates (Basically an MDRX barrel and block)
HXWrks 30cal Qd muzzle brake (Previously was the Cobalt Kinetics Variant of this mount)
Aero Precision Ultralight SPR mount @ 1.5"
Acme Machine 1-8x34 LPVO
Covered Wood block at a rest for the front of the rifle.

Ammo Tested
Federal Gold Medal Match 168gr @ 34.99 box 1.49moa average for (2) 10 shot groups*
JboF4uJ.png
Federal Gold Medal Match 175gr @ 39.99 box 2.48moa average for (2) 10 shot groups
zCkaS3E.png

*I have 1 "Yea, but..." as the great Paul Harrel says.
Shot #3 on the #2 target was a mistake by me..Without that mistake..That group is 1.2moa..But.I left it in so...
as that previously mentioned person also says:
"You be the judge"

Last Edited:
Very interesting to read your results. I was hankering for a .308 bullpup a few years ago and the MDRX was top of the list. I ended up with a Tavor 7 because one popped up before an MDRX so I grabbed it. Then I picked up an OSS 7.62 can. The T7 is not known for super high accuracy, but for me at leaste it has been consistent. And the OSS can is a perfect match for it.

Very interesting to read your results. I was hankering for a .308 bullpup a few years ago and the MDRX was top of the list. I ended up with a Tavor 7 because one popped up before an MDRX so I grabbed it. Then I picked up an OSS 7.62 can. The T7 is not known for super high accuracy, but for me at leaste it has been consistent. And the OSS can is a perfect match for it.
I've been meaning to do a side by side test if the Mdrx,Rfb18 and T7...Sadly..Noone in my area has a T7..

I am in Tigard. I would be happy to meet up 1/2 sometime for a shoot. I would love to try the MDRX and see what I missed out on.

I am in Tigard. I would be happy to meet up 1/2 sometime for a shoot. I would love to try the MDRX and see what I missed out on.
Tigard isn't that far away.
I could be game next month (March) on a Friday or Weekend if you have a range you like to visit up in Tigard. I'll bring the 308 bullpups

I've seen 1ish moa 5 shot groups with 168gr Fed Gmmk out of thr T7. So its plenty accurate.

Well another range session today..I learned not to try for groups with the suppressor giving off major heat mirage. Nothing is where you thought it was..

So...Not a 10 shot group or 10 shot average..
But the suppressed 5 shot is 1.2moa..
Unsuppressed 5 shot is 3.2moa..I forgot how much this thing kicks with no recoil reduction. So the group may be unusually large..Oh well.Not doing that again..

XhN8cFr.png

168gr Hornady Black in the MDRX Suppressed 1.66 Moa Average.
Z0fHfrQ.png

S&B Match 168gr in the MDRX Suppressed 1.76 moa Average.
Second group was 1.3..And I took more time on those shots..Oh well..
CMV19of.png