JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I used to be like you. I felt that anyone who disagreed with the courts was wrong. As I grew older, I found that courts are not only not infallible, but that important justices, appointed by politicians, are anything but impartial. They are appointed in hopes that they will render judgements in a particular direction. Take a look at the Supreme Court. These are supposed to be the finest judges in all of America, but over half of them find very predictably along political lines. So when I tell you that the federal government is out of control, I don't care what some court has said about it. I'm telling you that it is out of control.
I dont think theyre wrong . I just think that we have a system of government weve had for a long time . They dont do whats right and theyre not good people. Theyre moderately ambitious people who want to hold onto their pensions. Thats all. It can be out of control all day but that doesn't matter. We still have to abide by their decisions and make the best of the situation we have. Im not aware of anything better. As far as the supreme court goes its not so much along political lines its along ideological lines. I think most of them , if not all, truly believe that what they are doing in in the best interest of the American people and they feel that theyre rulings are constitutional and since there is no higher court theres is the ruling that matters whether we like it or not so I just dont sweat it or get bent out of shape by it. Some things they do I applaud. and some things I am appalled by but to date I haven't been consulted.

I dont think theyre wrong . I just think that we have a system of government weve had for a long time . They dont do whats right and theyre not good people. Theyre moderately ambitious people who want to hold onto their pensions. Thats all. It can be out of control all day but that doesn't matter. We still have to abide by their decisions and make the best of the situation we have. Im not aware of anything better.
I'm not advocating breaking laws that you disagree with. I just don't think this is the government that we were intended to have. It's also not sustainable.

I'm not advocating breaking laws that you disagree with. I just don't think this is the government that we were intended to have. It's also not sustainable.
Name a government in history that was sustainable. This is a blip .

The framers intended for a very different government and no, not at all for the better.

OK, so that's one point we agree on. Do you agree that it's too big? Out of control?
No I don't . I don't think it's too big or out of control actually. It's a paper tiger. I think it's unsustainable at the current level of spending and will collapse given a moderate shock because of that. Our debt is out of control.

No I don't . I don't think it's too big or out of control actually. It's a paper tiger. I think it's unsustainable at the current level of spending and will collapse given a moderate shock because of that. Our debt is out of control.
I feel like you're disagreeing now just to disagree. You do have a few good points though. Except where you're wrong, of course. :D

Interesting how this sub-conversation was born out of a desire to not see the Fed expand just so one can legally smoke a joint. I call that too bloated and out of control.

I feel like you're disagreeing now just to disagree. You do have a few good points though. Except where you're wrong, of course. :D
I don't think we're disagreeing at all other than our perception of how powerful the central government actually is. I see an ineffective entity on the brink of insolvency.i wouldn't call that powerful.

Not a fan of any of that; more govt agency, taxes, oversight. Schumer and the rest of that list are dirtbags, the words they say are not to be trusted. No way in heck do I believe any of that "Public health, public safety, opportunity and social justice must be at the core...." schtick. Let me guess, the roll-out date will be early November.... These crooks used to at least try to hide the ace up their sleeve. Let's not forget the reasons that decriminalizing drugs failed in Portland; 1) The rosy promises of all the great things that were going to happen with the newly generated taxes did not materialize, and 2) Associated crimes went unchecked.
Imagine Schumer saying something like: "We have decided to take pot of the schedule 1, and will leave any further regulations to the states. Period."
Don't make out like marijuana is a big time drug. I live in a tweeker house and it's not weed keeping these people from working

I went to a wedding once at one of the ring the bell, stand up, sit down kind of churches. Bride went to the Casa Grande one and groom went to the one in North Phoenix (think Fairview and Cheery Gove if your one of those 'never been out of Oregon' types). Anyway, same church, different buildings and the kids met at church camp
Wedding was in Casa Grande because she had older relatives that were going dip out early. In deference to the old folks the ring the bell stand up sit down for communion was by row, but the North Phoenix people always all stood the entire time and that little difference was enough of a thorn for some folks that people ended up yelling in the parking lot by the end of the night because they all thought it was the other ones that were being difficult and arguing just for the sake of arguing

I went to a wedding once at one of the ring the bell, stand up, sit down kind of churches. Bride went to the Casa Grande one and groom went to the one in North Phoenix (think Fairview and Cheery Gove if your one of those 'never been out of Oregon' types). Anyway, same church, different buildings and the kids met at church camp
Wedding was in Casa Grande because she had older relatives that were going dip out early. In deference to the old folks the ring the bell stand up sit down for communion was by row, but the North Phoenix people always all stood the entire time and that little difference was enough of a thorn for some folks that people ended up yelling in the parking lot by the end of the night because they all thought it was the other ones that were being difficult and arguing just for the sake of arguing
After a couple of bad ones I avoid weddings . My ex wives might show up.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top