JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I do dislike sales hype and the idea that just because something is new...anything older suddenly ain't no good anymore.
I'm not sure anyone has suggested that (whom I'd take seriously, anyway). This is just another option for the straight-walled states.

I'm kinda wondering how it would perform out of a 12"-ish barrel. It might make a good MT ranch anti-big kitty cat gun that my wife could use. She shoots the AR well since it works with her carpet-toenailed wrists. The thump from a 225gr hard cast would nail one of those cats to the ground pretty quickly.

I'm not sure anyone has suggested that (whom I'd take seriously, anyway). This is just another option for the straight-walled states.

I'm kinda wondering how it would perform out of a 12"-ish barrel. It might make a good MT ranch anti-big kitty cat gun that my wife could use. She shoots the AR well since it works with her carpet-toenailed wrists. The thump from a 225gr hard cast would nail one of those cats to the ground pretty quickly.
What you quoted....has been suggested or said before..
But , you are correct ...no one has said so in this thread.....

However...
it has been said before in other threads...or to me in person.
Andy

Will the 350 and 400 Legend end up going the way of the .375 Winchester, which I own and can only find ammo about every 7 years when they make another run of ammo at $60+.

Winchester needs to support the calibers that they already made before making ones that are slightly smaller or larger. 2200 fps, 2150 ft-lbs with a 200 grain and 1900 fps, 2005 ft-lbs for 250 grain. Or, I could use a 38-55 Buffalo Bore 255 grain, 1950 fps, and 2044 ft-lbs. It is not much different than the 350 or 400.

It has been quite an adventure getting .375 or even .444 ammo consistently. I paid $52 for the last box of new .375 ammo 5 or 6 years ago and haven't seen any since. I am however, well stocked now with loaded and components.

What's the benefit? Recoil is the same as .308. Power is less and much, much more limited range compared to .308. Why not just use .308 which is available in tons of different guns. Even the ammo is cheaper and more choice of loads. Again to me only makes sense for hunting use in restricted states.

Other than for states that are making straight wall cartridges legal for hunting in formerly restricted areas, I do not see the need. The 458 socom has all those cartridges beat when it comes to killing deer with an AR.

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA
Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads