JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
While not a gun, I did manage to find something I have been eyeballin for a while now.
I have wanted a KA-BAR-esque fixed blade knife.

While at the Expo Center Swap Meet this weekend we were walking by a vendor near closing time and he had a case of knives on display.
I was looking them over and have always liked the stacked leather handles and asked to see this one.
I looked it over and then a couple others.

The vendor saw that I liked this one and offered to take $5 off the already low price of $35.
So now I own a Parkerized version PAL RH -36 and its respective sheath.
View attachment 1859515

View attachment 1859514

View attachment 1859513

View attachment 1859512

From what I have seen on the internets it is a late WW2 era knife.
View attachment 1859516
Love it! I have the exact same knife. I used to carry it for hunting every year.
Bought another dirt bike.
This time its a 1981 Yamaha IT175.
Pics?

Not quite an impulse buy as I'd been keeping my eyes open for a newer bike, then one Saturday...
By the time lunch had rolled around I'd made my decision.
2022 YZ250F The Honda behind it is what I traded in.

Trade in day.jpg

This was certainly impulse as we did not set out to buy. We were going up north to a dealer to look at a vehicle and have lunch. Driving by a place close to home spotted a car I wanted to look at. Was not what I wanted but sales guy had this. The one good thing about the current POTUS is with him keeping gas at all time highs there is a LOT of these floating around now they can't sell. When gas was a $1.50 a gallon few years ago you did NOT see them having trouble selling these. Since it was Wife's birthday I offered to buy it for her :s0140:
In all fairness this gift she actually likes unlike so many of the guns I bought her that she seems to show little to no interest in. :D

TA1.png TAe.png

Love it! I have the exact same knife. I used to carry it for hunting every year.

Pics?

Not quite an impulse buy as I'd been keeping my eyes open for a newer bike, then one Saturday...
By the time lunch had rolled around I'd made my decision.
2022 YZ250F The Honda behind it is what I traded in.

View attachment 1876088
That is for sure a nice bike!
I am just getting back into them and have a soft spot for the vintage bikes.
Plus they turn up cheap as I am just a trail / play rider these days.

It turns out this is actually a 1981 IT125 that has been converted to a 175 engine with the appropriate piston / jug / head combo.
We got it to fire up and smoke a bunch, so it was worth every bit of the $250 I gave for it.
20240423_102444.jpg
Soon it will get a new seat cover as well as the carb cleaned up and a fresh set of reeds.
20240423_102517.jpg
The PO said it ran last year for his kid, so it should be fun to bring some life back into.

Who TF impulse buys a freakin beamer??
beamers are motorcycles..

bimmers are cars..

;)

<--bmw nerd

Also..little known fact, the turn signals really do work, but the cup holders sucked until fairly recently. bmw had a longstanding belief that people shouldn't be drinking while driving

That is for sure a nice bike!
I am just getting back into them and have a soft spot for the vintage bikes.
Plus they turn up cheap as I am just a trail / play rider these days.

It turns out this is actually a 1981 IT125 that has been converted to a 175 engine with the appropriate piston / jug / head combo.
We got it to fire up and smoke a bunch, so it was worth every bit of the $250 I gave for it.
View attachment 1876993
Soon it will get a new seat cover as well as the carb cleaned up and a fresh set of reeds.
View attachment 1876994
The PO said it ran last year for his kid, so it should be fun to bring some life back into.
Love it! Those are great bikes. Have fun.

I took the Taurus TX22 and the Walther PPQ this morning to Threat Dynamics. Both are reliable with 450 rounds total. The TX22 stove piped only twice and the PPQ 0. But of course I fired more shots with the TX22 for I have 7-16 round magazines vs 4-12 round. It feels like I'm already one with the TX-22 but I have to give the accuracy and more power to the Walther. Grouping on a 22 yard with the stock sights can easily be achieve. That is something the TX-22 cant do with my hands. Just like what @ilikegunspdx I will have to look for a matched made in heaven red dot or scope for the Walther. It definitely deserves one.

1715295196168.png

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top