JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Some may remember I've been struggling to reach and/or keep temperature. Kinda sorta thought maybe it was the pellets I was using, either too much moisture or poor quality. The brand was Camp Chef.

I likely will never know for sure. The bag of pellets I'm using now is Traeger brand. I am reaching set temperature quickly, and the temp is staying where I set it. o_O

View attachment 1874830

This bacon is seriously thick. And seriously good.
View attachment 1874831

View attachment 1874832
Meat candy! I'll have to bite the bullet and give Traeger pellets a try again, I'm normally too cheap to spend that $$ on pellets and gravitate towards Bear Mountain or similar.

Meat candy! I'll have to bite the bullet and give Traeger pellets a try again, I'm normally too cheap to spend that $$ on pellets and gravitate towards Bear Mountain or similar.
I've used all sorts of pellets, I don't think they make any difference with taste or temp. My pallet probably isn't refined enough to tell, I'm just simple common folk!

And as before, I believe that they're all the same too. Traeger pellets, no problem. Bear Mountain pellets, no problem. But the one and only time I used these Camp Chef pellets, I could not easily reach temperature, and I had a flame out. Maybe coincidence, maybe not. I will stick to Bear Mountain, as they're far cheaper than Traeger. And since I still have a bag of Camp Chef pellets, I will experiment again.

Tlock thank you for for the info! Best prime rib I've ever done!! Definitely going to do it again. Ash Williams I will try the bags for fry aging this summer.

5E813763-1A31-4034-9C68-38E9ADE7CB85.jpeg

Tlock thank you for for the info! Best prime rib I've ever done!! Definitely going to do it again. Ash Williams I will try the bags for fry aging this summer.

View attachment 1875033
Hit me up via PM before you try them and I can give you some tips. Look into a sous vide cooker to slow cook and finish over natural lump after dry aging your roast in the bag.

I think this is the model we have:

Anova Culinary Sous Vide Precision Cooker 3.0 (WiFi), 1100 Watts https://a.co/d/5lB8zgy

DUDE, you need to get together with @sobo and do a "Foodie" blog. Both your guys photos, yours with the beautiful food and background in your picks. Sobo's incredible indoor pics and place setting's. With his way with words! It would have to be a huge hit with gourmand's around the WORLD!
Mike, when it comes to 2W4E's fixin's compared to mine, I'm just a piker. That dude rocks it to the limit...

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top