JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
This has worked for me. I didn't have to deal with wind, so I don't know what will work best to secure it. A brick might work just fine. I used cotton but I would imagine most types of cloth will work about the same. It won't get all of it, but enough that the rest may evaporate. If the cloth stays wet and in the shade for a long time, you may have to wash it occasionally to prevent mold or mildew.

If you end up shticking something under (inflatable kiddy pool, etc), it generally works better raising the highest point to tension the whole tarp to remove low spots rather than trying to raise only the low spot. Doing that has the potential to simply relocate the low spot between the 2 "high points".

You can also use something like a tarp gripper to add connect points near the top edge of your RV and add weight to tension the tarp. IE., A bit of paracord to it with a water filled plastic bottle or some such. Alternatively, running a cord from it to an attachment point on your frame, but if it's too tight, wind movement will wear your tarp through at any point of contact.

I've found the water bottle trick is more convenient to add weight only where, and as much, as needed to tension the tarp. YMMV

Tarp gripper thingieabob

It may not be feasible on yours, but I use a cotton rope front to back down the center line to create a "ridgeline" for my tarp and then just add a bottle or two to tension out any low points.

Last Edited:
If you end up shticking something under (inflatable kiddy pool, etc), it generally works better raising the highest point to tension the whole tarp to remove low spots rather than trying to raise only the low spot. Doing that has the potential to simply relocate the low spot between the 2 "high points".

You can also use something like a tarp gripper to add connect points near the top edge of your RV and add weight to tension the tarp. IE., A bit of paracord to it with a water filled plastic bottle or some such. Alternatively, running a cord from it to an attachment point on your frame, but if it's too tight, wind movement will wear your tarp through at any point of contact.

I've found the water bottle trick is more convenient to add weight only where, and as much, as needed to tension the tarp. YMMV

Tarp gripper thingieabob

It may not be feasible on yours, but I use a cotton rope front to back down the center line to create a "ridgeline" for my tarp and then just add a bottle or two to tension out any low points.
Generally unless you basically create a tent over it, you're going to spend forever chasing wet spots. (Did I just say that?)

Upcoming Events

Rifle Mechanics
Sweet Home, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors May 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Handgun Self Defense Fundamentals
Sweet Home, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews