JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
After a few months of waiting, I finally got my Form 4s back today! Lets get to the pics!

HEMS 2 .45, and a TAC-65. They are mounted to a Ruger Mark-3 10/45, GSG-5 PK, and a Rock Island M1911.

So as I mentioned on chat the other night, if someone wants to set up a shoot in the West-side area (or potentially Melmaloose or something), I'd be willing to bring these.

Anyone is welcomed to shoot any factory .22 or .45 that they bring. I'd prefer to avoid reloads, since they have a bad potential. Note that 230 grain .45 works much better than 185 :)

So what was the timeline? When did you originally mail them off, etc?

I sent some in the middle of March and my form 4 got sent back after the examiner sat on it for a while with missing info on the print cards (and I also called him about a week or two before he sent them back and gave him the info over the phone). :(

(Self Pimping...)
Check out NFATracker.com for a bunch of that sort of info :)

Forms were sent April 1, check cashed April 4, Pending June 8, and Approved July 7. The forms came in the mail last night.

Nope. I figured I could get a signature no problem, and a trust worries me, as they are only allowed by 'policy', not law.

The time difference is nearly non-existent. For some reason the 'fingerprints' section takes the same amount of time as the verification of a trust.

Range Report:

I took the two cans out with a couple of friends on Sunday. We first attached the Tac-65 to the Ruger, which was fun and quiet! It ran perfectly reliable on 'good' ammo, and was extremely quiet! We were shooting with downed trees as our immediate backstop (a big hill was behind that), and you could hear the rounds hit the wood! Ricochets were also really cool to hear, you could hear them 'wurr' once they bounced.

My friends really enjoyed the GSG-5 PK with the suppressor, so we ended up shooting that a whole bunch. It was very reliable as well, until it got filthy, and started having jams. Overall, we ended up tossing about 400 rounds of .22 downrange!

We also shot the HEMS 2 on the 1911. I had used wire pulling gel on it the night before, so it was extremely quiet! Surprisingly, the gel lasted for a very long time. I was under the assumption that it would boil off eventually and stop working, but we had no problems.

The 1911 was also perfectly reliable. I had one failure the whole time, and it could have been a result of a little bit of a 'limp wrist'. On the 1911, it was quiet enough you could not only hear the bullet hit the backstop, on the few that didn't hit the downed-tree, you could hear it pin-ball through the trees behind it (again, we were shooting toward a 50+ foot hill). It was really awesome!

Overall, we ended up shooting 300 rounds of .45 before I decided the can was getting too hot! It was unscrewing itself a bit toward the end, and was getting too hot to tighten by hand, so I called it a day.

Great looking weapons!!
How long did it take to get your tax stamp?
I sent mine in April 26, check was cashed early May, but still have not heard anything back
Thanks for any info you may have

I mailed mine may 16th 2009 and picked mine up aug 17th 2009

mine was a trust and I have heard those can be faster at times.

Mine was an individual, sent out April 8, received July 9th or so.

Check out my website, www.nfatracker.com for info from a whole bunch of people. If you call in, you can find out who your examiner is, sometimes a specific examiner is slower/or faster than others.

Everyone complains about how lousy the .45 suppresses. I have a Similar setup with my HEMS2 and am very happy with the suppression. Congratulations! You will find that it becomes addicting!

Upcoming Events

Rifle Mechanics
Sweet Home, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors May 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Handgun Self Defense Fundamentals
Sweet Home, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top