JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Lol here it is in current state... light switch removed , still working on patching wall.. and loading bookcase.

IMG_0558.JPG

Turned our master bedroom closet into reloading/gun tinkering room by removing existing door and building hidden bookcase... pretty easy! Now not only are my toys locked in a safe but the safe is in hidden room ... also I have a place to fondle them in private . Lol! Anyway I'd be happy to pass on how to do to anyone interested...

View attachment 335392 View attachment 335393
Take an old book, glue the pages together, and cut out a shape in the pages and back cover to fit a electronic lock. Put in the lock, slide the book over it and voila! Hidden lock.

You can buy hinges for these but they want like $150 for em.. I'm cheap and made my own for about $10... see pic, used a couple pieces of 1/4" thick strapping nylon spacer block and a bolt .. top and bottom the same .

IMG_0519.JPG IMG_0520.JPG

Turned our master bedroom closet into reloading/gun tinkering room by removing existing door and building hidden bookcase... pretty easy! Now not only are my toys locked in a safe but the safe is in hidden room ... also I have a place to fondle them in private . Lol! Anyway I'd be happy to pass on how to do to anyone interested...

View attachment 335392 View attachment 335393
I LIKE that a LOT!!!

Thanks for posting. We'll be building a new house next summer and a couple of secret rooms are in the plans. My wife actually brought it up first. She wants a Scooby Doo bookcase to gain access to her library. Seems only fair I get one too.

Thanks for posting. We'll be building a new house next summer and a couple of secret rooms are in the plans. My wife actually brought it up first. She wants a Scooby Doo bookcase to gain access to her library. Seems only fair I get one too.
Hell that makes it that much easier that she's all in for it too. these would be a great idea in new construction. That way you are building it in from the start. I will sure be keeping this in mind if we do some remodeling.

Here's an updated pic ... noticed light switch moved to inside , holes patched up and painted. Just need to install baseboard and done .. ahh..I love it. Good luck with yours fellas

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA
Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top