JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Last Edited:
Happy I never pulled the trigger on a Transit Trail. From the top speed of 81mph, to the tires rubbing, to the crummy 2" lift, and the rear differential failures ....... wow .....

View: https://youtu.be/5ReSAtoj4po
And you could have spent the mark up getting the van properly outfitted/modified by a reputable shop like the Florida guys

I just don't understand how folks could pay the equivalent price to buy a new truck when they could get something like this! Wow. Very cool!
Or better yet (IMO), a WC series era Power Wagon dropped onto a later era (pre-'98.5) 4WD chassis with a Cummins.

I am fine with my '97 3500 - especially if I spend some $ repairing some issues and upgrading it a bit.

Or better yet (IMO), a WC series era Power Wagon dropped onto a later era (pre-'98.5) 4WD chassis with a Cummins.

I am fine with my '97 3500 - especially if I spend some $ repairing some issues and upgrading it a bit.
DON'T do that!

Leave it as it, just swap the old Buzzin Half Dozen with a Cummins ITB 3.9 and trans of your choice!
The Factory body will NOT, I repeat NOT fit a Six Banger Cummins with out seriously cutting into the cab and floor and firewall, like a foot in every direction!
Besides, the factory frame is SUPER strong, and the suspension is seriously over rated ( Replacement springs are still available) though the factory U Bolts are no longer available ( hit me up if you need them, I have three good full sets) and the axles are Dana 60's front and rear, or a 70 on the rear for the 1 ton's! If you get REAL lucky and find a 1/2 ton, you got a gold mine in the axles, thats a Dana 60 rear and a super duty Dana 44 up front, gear sets are easy, lockers available from all the manufactures, and obviously, axle shafts! Us 1 ton guys have a bit more work, but it isn't a big deal, Yukon makes the axle shafts front and real, as well as the ring and pinion sets in most ratios from 4.10 to 6.30 ( Check your factory set CLOSELY) lots of these came with ether 5.30's or 5.88, and the super ton's came with the big 6.30's! Note, the 4.10 gear sets are really hard to come by, both Dana and Yukon only produce a small lot each year, so if you go that route, order early, everyone and their brother wants the 4.10's, I prefer the 4.30's for mine, plenty of gear and yet I still have enough road speed with the Over Drive top gear!

Out side of that, Power Steering and Power Brake kits are available for these trucks, not cheap, but they are seriously worth every penny, AND the 12 volt conversion with alternator of your choice is about as stupid simple as it gets, Almost every part is still available for these trucks, though you have to source them from one of the few Gov. Contractors that took over the inventory after the DoD divested it's self, still, there are tons of parts,a dn the trucks are stupid simple to work on! Shipping is reasonable, and QUICK, and they are super easy to work with! Just got a set of Eaton E- Lockers for my newest truck, and talked to the Wheel Maker that makes the New Old Stock Super Heavy Duty ( Much thicker mounting flange surface) rims minus the Split Ring, and they shipped me a full set of the new Wheel Centers, which cannot be flipped like the OG wheels, AND, the rim barrel is now 17 inch, instead of the 16.5, so tire choices are much better now! Just picked up a full set of Super Swamper TSL/SX's in a 40X15X17!
OIP.jpg

DON'T do that!

Leave it as it, just swap the old Buzzin Half Dozen with a Cummins ITB 3.9 and trans of your choice!
The Factory body will NOT, I repeat NOT fit a Six Banger Cummins with out seriously cutting into the cab and floor and firewall, like a foot in every direction!
Besides, the factory frame is SUPER strong, and the suspension is seriously over rated ( Replacement springs are still available) though the factory U Bolts are no longer available ( hit me up if you need them, I have three good full sets) and the axles are Dana 60's front and rear, or a 70 on the rear for the 1 ton's! If you get REAL lucky and find a 1/2 ton, you got a gold mine in the axles, thats a Dana 60 rear and a super duty Dana 44 up front, gear sets are easy, lockers available from all the manufactures, and obviously, axle shafts! Us 1 ton guys have a bit more work, but it isn't a big deal, Yukon makes the axle shafts front and real, as well as the ring and pinion sets in most ratios from 4.10 to 6.30 ( Check your factory set CLOSELY) lots of these came with ether 5.30's or 5.88, and the super ton's came with the big 6.30's! Note, the 4.10 gear sets are really hard to come by, both Dana and Yukon only produce a small lot each year, so if you go that route, order early, everyone and their brother wants the 4.10's, I prefer the 4.30's for mine, plenty of gear and yet I still have enough road speed with the Over Drive top gear!

Out side of that, Power Steering and Power Brake kits are available for these trucks, not cheap, but they are seriously worth every penny, AND the 12 volt conversion with alternator of your choice is about as stupid simple as it gets, Almost every part is still available for these trucks, though you have to source them from one of the few Gov. Contractors that took over the inventory after the DoD divested it's self, still, there are tons of parts,a dn the trucks are stupid simple to work on! Shipping is reasonable, and QUICK, and they are super easy to work with! Just got a set of Eaton E- Lockers for my newest truck, and talked to the Wheel Maker that makes the New Old Stock Super Heavy Duty ( Much thicker mounting flange surface) rims minus the Split Ring, and they shipped me a full set of the new Wheel Centers, which cannot be flipped like the OG wheels, AND, the rim barrel is now 17 inch, instead of the 16.5, so tire choices are much better now! Just picked up a full set of Super Swamper TSL/SX's in a 40X15X17!
View attachment 1879260
That Power Wagon just need red and white striping to get sponsored by Colgate or whoever did the mint and red toothpaste! :s0140:

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top